07-22-2004, 09:19 PM
I take it you already know of tough and bough, cough and dough. Others may stumble, but not you, on hiccough, thorough, tough and through. Well done. And now you wish perhaps to learn of less fimiliar traps? Beware of heard, a dreadful word, that looks like beared and sounds like bird. And dead - it's said like bed and said, not bead, for goodness sake don't call it deed. Wach out for meat and great and Threat. (they rhyme with suite and straight and debt).
A moth is not a moth in mother, nor both in bother, broth in brother. And here is not a match for there, nor dear and fear for bear and pear. And then there's dose and rose and lose. Just look them up - Goose, and choose; cork and work and card and ward, and front and font, and word and sword, and do and go and wart and cart. Now I've hardly even made a start!
Dreadful language? Brutal. Man alive! I mastered it when I was five.
A moth is not a moth in mother, nor both in bother, broth in brother. And here is not a match for there, nor dear and fear for bear and pear. And then there's dose and rose and lose. Just look them up - Goose, and choose; cork and work and card and ward, and front and font, and word and sword, and do and go and wart and cart. Now I've hardly even made a start!
Dreadful language? Brutal. Man alive! I mastered it when I was five.
