Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Palindromes
#1

I'm a huge fan of palindromes. For those who don't know, palindromes are words, or sentences, that read the same foreward and backwards. eye is a palindrome.

Here's a few:

Madam, I'm adam

A man, a plan, a canal, panama

Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog



You can start caring any time now
Reply
#2

bob

Sorry, it's early. I'll do better later.
Reply
#3

I expect better from you banana. I don't know why, I just do.

I tried to write an entire poem that was a palindrome. Best I could do was one that made sense when read top to bottom, or bottom to top. Confused
Reply
#4

Ok here

Do good I? No! Evil anaon I deliver: I maim nine more hero-men in Saginaw; sanitary sword a-tuck, Carol, I - lo! - RACK, cut a drowsy art in Aswan; I gas nine more hero-men in Miamai; reviled I (Nona) live on. I do, O God!"
Reply
#5

Here's a couple more.....


A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag again, (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut, a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal-- Panama!

O no, Naomi-- sex at noon taxes, I moan, o no!

Lewd did I live & evil I did dwel.

aibohphobia (=fear of palindromes)

[Image: bazzsig.png]
Reply
#6

If you watch The Simpsons, you should already know this one:

Rise to vote, sir.
Reply
#7

Bad palindrome: Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog

Good palindrome: Rise to vote, sir!

Quality ones make actual sense and arent' just random words strung together.


That's right, I am the Palindrome Police
Reply
#8

Anyone know what the longest single-word Palindrome is in the english language?
Reply
#9

Nevermind, I found out. Yay google.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)