Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Does minorthreat still post here?

Just curious.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours

As often as you.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?

Kansas gets rolled tonight vs Kentucky.

Now that Paterno went down isnt it obvious coach K is the most venerable man left in coaching?Signal your agreement by not responding at all.

See You In Toledo

Coach K is an egomaniacal A-hole

http://m.deadspin.com/5859644/great-man-...oe-paterno

KU has a definite lack of depth. It all comes down to pace of game and if the refs let them play. KU doesn't score less than 80 points. I like KU's back court against UK. KU in OT.

Duke chokes in K's shining moment.

Oh no he said kind things about an old man who never molested anyone because he doesnt know all the facts yet.What an egomaniac.

Kentucky -7.

See You In Toledo

He's an egomaniac for sitting in on a pre-taped television show and letting producers, and himself, stroke that giant fucking ego of his. Save that shit for when you walk away from the game. The one thing that show does do is paint K and Joe Pa in the same light, two assholes who think they are bigger than the schools they work for. I can't wait for the Wojo story to come out that he was caught molesting Greg Paulus in the shower and K did nothing to investigate the allegations.

Great job, you posted the line to the game. Very insightful.

cLaY Wrote:He's an egomaniac for sitting in on a pre-taped television show and letting producers, and himself, stroke that giant fucking ego of his. Save that shit for when you walk away from the game. The one thing that show does do is paint K and Joe Pa in the same light, two assholes who think they are bigger than the schools they work for. I can't wait for the Wojo story to come out that he was caught molesting Greg Paulus in the shower and K did nothing to investigate the allegations.

Listen fuckface,

#1 K is Duke.Period.He deserves the credit.He means more to Duke than Paterno ever meant to PSU team on the floor wise.Paterno had more impact on the university and the state but as far as product on the field and winning championships K did more(oh wait he's not done yet).It was not that hard to find good football players in the state of pennsylvania in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

#2 when the major sport television network asks to do a one hour special on how great your achievements are you say yes for recruiting purposes.Every sophomore and junior highschool basketball player in the nation watched that special.I know you think Bill Self should get his 30 second commercial break to cover his accomplishments but Duke is on another level and this tv special proves it.He did not absolve paterno of any guilt so I don't see anything wrong with what he said.Whats he supposed to say anyway?No comment?

I'm actually changing my pick to KU +7 after thinking about it.Its not March so KU should be fine.

See You In Toledo

cLaY Wrote:He's an egomaniac for sitting in on a pre-taped television show and letting producers, and himself, stroke that giant fucking ego of his. Save that shit for when you walk away from the game. The one thing that show does do is paint K and Joe Pa in the same light, two assholes who think they are bigger than the schools they work for. I can't wait for the Wojo story to come out that he was caught molesting Greg Paulus in the shower and K did nothing to investigate the allegations.

:lool:

I tweeted this post, my blog it later.

welcome back, clayton

[Image: boston.jpg]

Wrong again clayton.

KU got rolled... Duke won. Wasn't it great to see all the former Dukies and Bob Knight in attendace? How long would it take Self to reach 1000 wins?

What bowl game is Kansas looking at?

I'm going to speak for minorthreat and congratulate Coach K on this win record.Scary thing is that theres another 200-300 wins to come.

See You In Toledo

Speaking for myself I worry that all of of Dukes size shares the last name Plumlee.They are 10th men off the bench in the NBA.

See You In Toledo

Watched Duke handle KU the other night.Maybe KU wants to limit turnovers from their point guard to under 10.

I loved how Coach K sat Subzero Rivers the last four minutes because he doesnt play defense well enough.The kid can play D just not hard enough for Duke.No other coach would do that.Bill Self had a kid with 10 turnovers handling the ball the last play of the game and he gave up TO # 11.

Please congratulate Coach K for this.

See You In Toledo

Duke handled KU? Please? The fact that Tyshawn had 11 turnovers and KU was still in game until a one in a million three at the end of the shot clock shows that KU was probably the better team that suffered because of horrendous point guard play. KU grew as a team in their trip to Maui, I'm proud of them.

Coach K and the Duke staff slapping the floor and their chests like frat boys at a sports bar is classless and pathetic. I can't wait til the day K retires and everyone forgets about that school and what their hoops program once was. No Coach should ever be bigger than the school or tradition he coaches for.

Duke handled KU? Please? The fact that Tyshawn had 11 turnovers and KU was still in game until a one in a million three at the end of the shot clock shows that KU was probably the better team that suffered because of horrendous point guard play. KU grew as a team in their trip to Maui, I'm proud of them.

Coach K and the Duke staff slapping the floor and their chests like frat boys at a sports bar is classless and pathetic. I can't wait til the day K retires and everyone forgets about that school and what their hoops program once was. No Coach should ever be bigger than the school or tradition he coaches for.

Duke handled KU, sorry.A 10pt lead by KU at one point doesnt mean shit.It came down to coaching.K took out his under performing star and Self stuck with his.Duke wins.

See You In Toledo

Great rebuttal, Bird. You're obviously a basketball mind. The lead changed hands 11 times. Self stuck with Taylor because he is the most experienced guy on the team and his next best option was a freshman with no playing time. Like I said, the fact that an experienced Duke team let a thin KU team who's starting PG had 11 turnovers compete til the end looks bad on Duke and coach K. Glad you didn't refute how asinine the Duke staff looked on the sideline.

11 times isnt that many lead changes in basketball but lets pretend it is.I wasnt worried at all about Duke losing that game.

How is Duke more experienced?They lost Singler, Nolan Smith and Kyrie Irving from last years starting lineup and this years team has one senior and he's a center.I'd say the team (KU) with the senior PG is the more experienced but hey thats just me and everyone else who knows basketball.

I have no problem with Dukes staff showing passion as long as its not directed at the other team.They win consistently so not sure how you question it.Maybe your team needs to inject some of that on your staff.Danny Manning is a cigar store indian stoic motherfucker.

See You In Toledo

Did ya'll see the interview dan patrick has with coach K in sports illustrated?

My highlights:

DP: How many years are left on your contract?

MK: As many years as I want.
-----------------------------
DP: Will you handpick your successor?

MK: I don't think that will happen. I don't feel that's right where you as a coach are bigger than what the institution thinks it needs.
----------------------------------------
DP: Who was the most important player— not your favorite—during your tenure.

MK: Dawkins because he was the first McDonald's All-American to commit. [Christian] Laettner was the biggest winner. [Bobby] Hurley was the most daring. [Grant] Hill and [Shane] Battier were the most complete players.

11 lead changes, none more than 7 points. I'd say that's a back and forth game.

Besides Robinson and Taylor, no other player for KU averaged more than 10 minutes a game last year. First guy off the bench is a walk on. KU lost Morris twins, Morningstar, and Tyrel Reed from last years squad, probably 95% of their minutes. If Bill Self wins a Big 12 title in a down year like this, hands down he is National COY. You are kidding yourself if you think Duke doesn't have more experience on the floor against a team like Kansas. 1 starter returning vs 3?

Anhil8tor, I never did an still won't read anything you post that is related to college basketball.

Anhil8tor Wrote:Did ya'll see the interview dan patrick has with coach K in sports illustrated?

My highlights:

DP: How many years are left on your contract?

MK: As many years as I want.
-----------------------------
DP: Will you handpick your successor?

MK: I don't think that will happen. I don't feel that's right where you as a coach are bigger than what the institution thinks it needs.

----------------------------------------
DP: Who was the most important player— not your favorite—during your tenure.

MK: Dawkins because he was the first McDonald's All-American to commit. [Christian] Laettner was the biggest winner. [Bobby] Hurley was the most daring. [Grant] Hill and [Shane] Battier were the most complete players.

I'm sure clay reads that and cringes.

I would figure that Jay Williams is the most daring.Guy does wheelies into telephone poles.

See You In Toledo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Bill
01-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Last Post by Flumper Barflusterbutt
07-15-2010, 07:46 PM