Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Obligatory Miami U thread

Wow...

Thats a large list of players and accusations and alot of proof to back it up.

it's only because they're black! racism!

sin,

[Image: boston.jpg]

What color was the ponzi scheme guy?I forget.White devil, yo.

Putting aside the race baiting this looks beyond terrible.What player from the U that plays in the NFL now isnt implicated?I noticed a few Patriots named which didnt surprise me.The picture of the basketball coach and the ponzi scheme guy standing with the university president while she smiles at a big check is hilarious.If the NCAA hadnt proven itself to be a solely money driven organization after letting those Ohio State players play in the bowl game by making them promise to return the next year even though they didnt I would say that the U is done as far as a sports program but they won't be.It will be all "who could have ever predicted?" and "those blackies love them some stripper abortions so what could we have done to stop that?" and they will get a 3 year probation.

Speaking of the NCAA handling of Ohio State, how bout Goodel suspending Terrel Pryor "prior"(clever) to him actually being in the NFL for violating NCAA rules?How does that work exactly?Its beyond clear that the NFL looks at the NCAA at their minor league.

See You In Toledo

I can't wait till the name of that football player who impregnated then had the stripper abort comes out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11464[/ATTACH]
That picture is NICE!
"I have no tolerance," she insisted, "for breaking rules."

Attached Files
.jpg 1313376801.jpg Size: 27.18 KB  Downloads: 1

the NHL is officially the best run professional sports league in this country.

WoolyGoat Wrote:the NHL is officially the best run professional sports league in this country.

Based on?Tv ratings?Most likely to retract franchises?

See You In Toledo

based on not being locked out
based on not having a commish who thinks he's god
based on not having a players union that thinks its god
based on not arbitrarily suspending people who aren't even in the league
based on having an video review process that a) works and b) doesn't take forever
based on being the best and most exciting sport evar
based on the lowest % of balcks

Quit getting off subject faggots!

WoolyGoat Wrote:based on not being locked out
based on not having a commish who thinks he's god
based on not having a players union that thinks its god
based on not arbitrarily suspending people who aren't even in the league
based on having an video review process that a) works and b) doesn't take forever
based on being the best and most exciting sport evar
based on the lowest % of balcks

True colors shining through.

See You In Toledo

Anhil8tor Wrote:Quit getting off subject faggots!

I read an interesting article about the ncaa death penalty. Obviously a rare punishment reserved for only the most horribly embarrassing and shameful programs in ncaa history.

Miami falls under that window... Not sure they will use it... but this guy documented all his moves....

1.The University of Kentucky basketball program for the 1952–53 season.
2.The basketball program at the University of Southwestern Louisiana (now the University of Louisiana at Lafayette) for the 1973–74 and 1974–75 seasons
3.The Southern Methodist University football program for the 1987 and 1988 seasons.
4.The Division II men's soccer program at Morehouse College for the 2004 and 2005 seasons.
5.The Division III men's tennis program at MacMurray College for the 2005–06 and 2006–07 seasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)

MacMurray College is ruthless in their quest for a D3 Tennis title.Of all the programs listed above Miami's is only below Kentucky and SMU as far as worse violations.There is no reason Miami shouldnt get the death penalty if half the violations their accused of are true.The most disturbing thing about it is the culture over there is one where the players see nothing wrong with this and alumni justify this as the only reasonable response to being offered money or hookers when you are 18.I heard Michael Irvin say last week he would have taken whatever was offered like there is no way anyone could turn that down.How the fuck will this ever get cleaned up without the death penalty?

See You In Toledo

all I know is that I'm proud to say that my alma mater is not on that list...

My alma mater is on that list cause we had blacks on our team. Sposedly back then there was some kind of agreement that no schools in the gulf south conference would give scholarships out to blacks. We coach Shiply (RIP) did and whooped some ass cause of it.

hells yea!

disgraceful!

Anhil8tor Wrote:My alma mater is on that list cause we had blacks on our team. Sposedly back then there was some kind of agreement that no schools in the gulf south conference would give scholarships out to blacks. We coach Shiply (RIP) did and whooped some ass cause of it.

hells yea!

Southwestern Louisiana was found guilty of numerous violations after the 1972–73 season, including academic fraud, recruiting violations and improper financial assistance. The most serious violations involved five instances where players were allowed to compete despite having high school GPAs that predicted a college GPA lower than the NCAA's minimum of 1.6 at the time. On one occasion, an assistant coach forged the principal's signature on a recruit's high school transcript. The NCAA responded by barring the Ragin' Cajuns from competing in the 1973–74 and 1974–75 seasons.[4]

The two most famous alumni are the chick from that doritos commercial and Jake Delhomme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_..._Lafayette

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:JakeDe...vinWeb.jpg

See You In Toledo

Anhil8tor Wrote:we had blacks on our team. Sposedly back then there was some kind of agreement that no schools in the gulf south conference would give scholarships out to blacks.

BIRD33 Wrote:The most serious violations involved five instances where players were allowed to compete despite having high school GPAs that predicted a college GPA lower than the NCAA's minimum of 1.6 at the time.

:crap:

I'm pretty sure 8 had to find the end of the maze with a crayon on a place mat to get into that institution so those dirty blacks had no business being there.

See You In Toledo

:lool:

http://www.amazon.com/Slam-Dunked-Shamef...1604811242

Most of that stuff was embellished by the NCAA.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/a.../index.htm
Great article on Shipley from earlier this year.

Shipley's staff was charged with grade-fixing, giving money and loans without charging interest, providing cars and clothes to USL players, providing transportation home, and gas and maintenance for their cars.

The cash payments were of varying amounts, ranging from $5 to $185 a week.

"Hell, some of those kids needed clothes," said Shipley, now 65 and a Lafayette oil executive. "They needed to live like other students. They needed linen, and they needed toothbrushes. Yes, they got something. And I'd say we got by cheaper than anybody else in the top 10."

Less easily rationalized is the grand-tampering, which Shipley said was done by well-meaning academic "friends," though the NCAA said in its charges that the USL basketball staff was involved in arrangements for "fraudulent testing and certification."

Neutral observers on the scene at the time hold to a theory that Shipley's problems began in 1965 when he defied the state's segregation laws, which forbade "white" teams from playing in tournaments where they may have to play againt black athletes, by taking his Gulf States champion Cajuns to the NAIA tournament in Kansas City, Mo.

A year later, he recruited the first black players (Marvin Winkler, Leslie Scott and Elvin Ivory) at a Louisiana state college.

"The other GSC schools wanted to take a little more time and agreed to get black players together," said Austin Wilson, the Louisiana Associated Press sports writer. "As I recall, Shipley said, 'I don't agree to this.'"

Ed Tunstall, the Louisiana AP bureau chief at the time, said, "Shipley simply saw players he knew could help him and ticked everybody off by getting them." Not only were the other coaches angry, but the State board of Trustees, which runs Louisiana's secondary coleges, refused to aprove the grants-in-aid for the black players.

With Shipley's blessing, a black business group in Lafayette raffled a car, and the proceeds paid for the grants.

"When the NCAA first came around," Shipley recalled, "I filled them in on that, why we had players who were not on scholarship. And that turned out to be one of the first charges they hit us with."

Neither USL nor the NCAA has copies of the 1968 case on file to verify Shipley's claim.

"But the State Board of Trustees did freeze Shipley's salary at $15,900 for the five years after the first black were recruited.

"I did think they were trying to send a message," Shipley said.

Dr. Ray Authement, now the president of USL, noted that to that point, Shipley had an impeccable personal record but after that became "sort of obsessed with getting the players he wanted."

Shipley said after he talked to the NCAA in 1967 about the lack of athletic grants for his black players, "It became a brushfire. It just kept going. It never stopped."

Today, Shipley contended the biggest mistake he made was not getting a big-time lawyer. A young lawyer named Bob Wright and former state senator Edgar Mouton worked for Shipley's interest as volunteers. John Allen Bernard was retained for USL. "I guess I was a volunteer," Bernard said. "I've never been paid."

They kept the NCAA at bay in the couts for more than a year, fighting the NCAA sanctions.

Shipley's attorneys won in state court but lost 4-3 in the Court of Appeals. The turn of one appeals vote could have mirrored the recent case of UNLV Coach Jerry Tarkanian, whose attorneys conferred with Shipley's when they fought the NCAA.

"The problem we had was there was nobody left to fight for USL," Shipley said. In the wake of the scandal, the president resigned, the athletic director resigned, the football coach resigned and Shipley resigned.

"They just wanted to get it over with," Shipley said of the new Cajun regime.

Richard Chappius, a Lafayette lawyer who represented the NCAA, said USL was only fighting procedurally to keep the case going. "The NCAA had USL dead to rights."

Authement said Shipley's credentials for the state Hall of Fame have to be looked at from an historical perspective. "He was one of the first Southern coaches to recruit blacks. He had many problems diretly because of that. There were tansgressions, but there also were mitigating factors."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banana
01-25-2020, 01:20 AM
Last Post by Devious
12-23-2019, 06:39 AM
Last Post by ncbiker
07-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
01-02-2013, 07:30 PM