Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the view from the gutter is good here in playa

BIRD33 Wrote:Keep threatening nonfactors.You look totally bad ass.Or pathetic.One of the two.

whereas you just look pathetic
go figure

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.

Thomas Merton

Hey Snarg!?!

Looks like you better tie down your hammock. Is there a hurricane approaching your place?

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Hey Snarg!?!

Looks like you better tie down your hammock. Is there a hurricane approaching your place?

storm is on the way
my cardboard shack is in danger, maybe i should bring it inside my house??

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.

Thomas Merton

Any pics of your place Snarg? It look beautiful down there

snarg Wrote:i like that silky is here
we need more down and dirty here

i wil try to post another pic from the gutter one of these daze

still no warning on the possible tropical storm/hurricane
we are getting rain on and off with some thunder and lightning, but it is calm now

Thomas Merton

snarg Wrote:i will; try to post another pic from the gutter one of these daze

still no warning on the possible tropical storm/hurricane
we are getting rain on and off with some thunder and lightning, but it is calm now

The weather last night said it was still just a depression. I think it was over Jamaica and moving really slow. But all of their predicted paths showed it going almost right over the top of you. But from there it didn't seem like they had a clue where it would go. Most models had it going toward Louisiana and Mississippi.

snarg Wrote:storm is on the way
my cardboard shack is in danger, maybe i should bring it inside my house??

and yes. I think you should fold up your cardboard shack and put it inside until the storm passes. And stay out of the gutter until the rains let up.

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:and yes. I think you should fold up your cardboard shack and put it inside until the storm passes. And stay out of the gutter until the rains let up.

it's a good chance for a bath, friend

Thomas Merton

snarg Wrote:it's a good chance for a bath, friend

you homeless guys see the good in everything.

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:you homeless guys see the good in everything.

everything is a plus when you are on the bottom

the computer models look good to me, most of them put the worst to our south
these things can change rapidly, tho

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tra...model.html

click on the map for a closer view

Thomas Merton

snarg Wrote:everything is a plus when you are on the bottom

the computer models look good to me, most of them put the worst to our south
these things can change rapidly, tho

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tra...model.html

click on the map for a closer view

Oh, wow, that's nowhere close to what our weather guys were showing the past few nights. They all showed the center of that Low much farther north, closer to Jamaica. And then going straight over Playa

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Oh, wow, that's nowhere close to what our weather guys were showing the past few nights. They all showed the center of that Low much farther north, closer to Jamaica. And then going straight over Playa

there is another depression out there a little further, maybe that one??
lot of models there, only the most north is a problem
lots of rain, i reckon, i can use a break from the heat

Thomas Merton

snarg Wrote:there is another depression out there a little further, maybe that one??
lot of models there, only the most north is a problem
lots of rain, i reckon, i can use a break from the heat

Yeah, we are all kind of hoping that it turns toward texas. We need the rain bad here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by leeman
08-04-2016, 08:12 AM
Last Post by Hub Cap
02-09-2013, 05:12 AM
Last Post by who
10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Last Post by dodsno
09-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM