Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
manute bol
a true humanitarian and very fine man
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 13,800
Threads: 1,827
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
1
Manute Bol = The coast of Louisiana ???
Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
too many pills, bossman
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 1,719
Threads: 15
Joined: Jan 2010
Reputation:
0
The circumstances surrounding his death sound pretty gnarly. The skin around his mouth was so sore, he couldn't even eat for 2 weeks? That must have been excruciating. Sad that this happened as a result of his humanitarian work in Sudan but it almost sounds like death would be a welcome relief from that kind of agony.
Rest in peace. Thanks for making a difference.
JCW Wrote:Every toilet bowl has to have one turd that floats to the top, I'm just doing my part.
Posts: 2,061
Threads: 47
Joined: Feb 2010
Reputation:
0
I'll use that as a username in his honor the next time snarg fucks with my account.
BIRD33 Wrote:Thats hilarious.No need for banning.You'll slowly realize the ass kicking you take here isnt worth it and will slink off only to return as a guest.Happens all the time.Enjoy your brief stay.
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
JCW Wrote:The circumstances surrounding his death sound pretty gnarly. The skin around his mouth was so sore, he couldn't even eat for 2 weeks? That must have been excruciating. Sad that this happened as a result of his humanitarian work in Sudan but it almost sounds like death would be a welcome relief from that kind of agony.
Rest in peace. Thanks for making a difference.
manute was a really sweet guy; his impact on the world was very positive
what a shame he had to suffer so much
ps/ glad to see you are living up to your title, crybaby
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton