Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

you fantasy league guys

how many hours a week do you devote to this??
in addition, how many hours a week do you watch sports and sports news??

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.

Thomas Merton

I went into my money league draft completely unprepared last week. I don't devote enough time to it to justify playing anymore but I just don't want to give it up. I ended up with the first pick in a 12 team draft and took Hanley Ramirez (sp?). I believe my team is alright but not great. Used to be i'd spend hours finding solid rooks and breakout players... now I just don't care that much. Not enough time in the day with kids growing up... spending time during the week at the park.. games on weekends.....

I'm only in a golf fantasy league right now and I spend a good hour a week doing research.I watched two days straight of this last tournament that tiger won.I'd watch it even if I didnt do the fantasy golf pool.I'll watch every second of the masters.

Fantasy football I spend less time on only because once your lineup is set there isnt much to do as far as picking new guys up.

I don't watch too much sportscenter because its usually one big gay ad.I hate ESPN except for PTI and around the horn.

I either watch the news or sports so I'm at least 10 hours a week watching games.Its why I'm the smartest guy here when it comes to sports.

See You In Toledo

10 hrs a week sounds low
i would think IT and sports take up more of your time than working
amirite?

pti.......thumbs up
ath......thumbs down

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.

Thomas Merton

snarg Wrote:10 hrs a week sounds low
i would think IT and sports take up more of your time than working
amirite?

pti.......thumbs up
ath......thumbs down

I work 12 hour days 5 days a week and a little on saturdays.There is nobody in my office that works as many hours per then I do.I'm not sure you're familiar with a what hard work actually is.If you see me here chances are I'm working on something.

ATH makes me laugh some times and they cover things I wouldnt see else where like funny nascar shit.

See You In Toledo

snarg sounds old.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.

snarg's just waiting to tell us why this makes him better than us

[Image: boston.jpg]

How ridiculous was Tiger this weekend?

In my fantasy golf pool you pick 8 guys a week and start 4 of them each day.The season being so long they break the pool up into a winter, spring and summer season and then a overall winner with the seasons combined.Last week was the last tourney for the winter.I picked tiger of course but I was the only guy who also picked Ohair and I was only a few points out of first.If he would have won I would have taken the winter title.I knew after hole 5 on sunday O'Hair was fucked.He looked like he wanted to run away and hide when tiger went a few under.I lost the winter season by 12 points.

Tiger is on a different planet then everyone else.That last put was a 30 footer and he made it look like 5 feet.He is the Wilt Chamberlain of our generation as we arent going to see a more dominant athlete then him in our lifetime.More dominant then Jordan by far.Thats the 6th time he's won that tourney.Some great pro's you know the name of havent won 6 times their whole career.

I don't know if you saw him jump into his caddys arms after he sunk the putt but he looked like he was still a little sore in his knee.He's a lock for the masters.

See You In Toledo

BIRD33 Wrote:How ridiculous was Tiger this weekend?

In my fantasy golf pool you pick 8 guys a week and start 4 of them each day.The season being so long they break the pool up into a winter, spring and summer season and then a overall winner with the seasons combined.Last week was the last tourney for the winter.I picked tiger of course but I was the only guy who also picked Ohair and I was only a few points out of first.If he would have won I would have taken the winter title.I knew after hole 5 on sunday O'Hair was fucked.He looked like he wanted to run away and hide when tiger went a few under.I lost the winter season by 12 points.

Tiger is on a different planet then everyone else.That last put was a 30 footer and he made it look like 5 feet.He is the Wilt Chamberlain of our generation as we arent going to see a more dominant athlete then him in our lifetime.More dominant then Jordan by far.Thats the 6th time he's won that tourney.Some great pro's you know the name of havent won 6 times their whole career.

I don't know if you saw him jump into his caddys arms after he sunk the putt but he looked like he was still a little sore in his knee.He's a lock for the masters.

I'm hoping the Masters lives up to the hype this year. I would love it to come down to Tiger and Phil Mickelson or some other US player(s) in the end.

His putting was ridiculous last Sunday.

WoolyGoat Wrote:snarg's just waiting to tell us why this makes him better than us

not so, just curious
how 'bout you, goat??
how many hours does the little lady allow you??
how many fights have you had about your overindulgence in sports viewing/reading/playing??

how bout you, flump?
gator?
nana?

try to play nicely, snarg is feeling very benevolent

Thomas Merton

snarg Wrote:not so, just curious
how 'bout you, goat??
how many hours does the little lady allow you??
how many fights have you had about your overindulgence in sports viewing/reading/playing??

how bout you, flump?
gator?
nana?

try to play nicely, snarg is feeling very benevolent

I don't do fantasy leagues. No time to devote to it like I would need to in order to do it right. I did it one year, and just did not have the time for it.

I don't get to spend a ton of time right now watching sports because I'm renovating a house on the week-ends which leaves me only nights to catch tv. I caught most of the S16 tourny because it was on nights until this past week-end, then missed anything during the day.

BIRD33 Wrote:I work 12 hour days 5 days a week and a little on saturdays.There is nobody in my office that works as many hours per then I do.I'm not sure you're familiar with a what hard work actually is.If you see me here chances are I'm working on something.
yeah, 12 hours is a lot of time, but obviously you are not working too hard, bird23270
with time to play ball at luch and keep stats :roll:

when snarg left cali, he sold two businesses, one he ran himself and the other with a partner
and ya know what, when you are working for yourself, the work is easier, cause you work hard you make a lot of money
the problem with you clock-punchers is you get paid the same whether or not you are surfing the net all day
get a fucking job where you are paid according to your production, or run your own bidness and see how your production rises

i think flump summed it up, he has better things to do, that involve making money
it is called sweat equity, and he understands that, at least

the sad thing id that a lot of times, in times like this, the hard working small businessman gets hurt more than the drones just punching in and collecting their salaries

i got one piece of advice for tweety: get something on paper if you are really working 60+ hrs a week
you have implied you have an "agreement" and will be taken care of, but it is not worth the paper it is not written on

ps/ at the monastery we rose at 3:30 and went to bed at ten
there were a total of about 4 hrs of personal time during the day and half of sunday off
oh, yeah, once while doing this, i received a stipend of 75 bucks a month :woot:
yeah, snarg does not know what hard work is

Thomas Merton

I play fantasy baseball, football, basketball, and hockey.

For the last 2, I'll spend 10 minutes or so each morning setting my lineup, and every now and then I'll spend some extra time working on roster moves. I don't do much at all to prepare for drafts, and don't do a ton of extra "fantasy research" at all.

For football I'll do a little more draft preparation, maybe a few hours total. As Bird said, there's not a ton you can do once the season starts, so I don't spend much time on it. I'll spend 10 or 15 minutes on Monday and/or Tuesday morning scouring the waiver wire, but that's about it.

I have one pretty serious $$$ baseball league, and because of the length of the season, number of games, and lack of many other sports going on, I spend considerably more time on it than other sports. Probably 6 or 8 total hours (or more?) of pre-draft work, plus the regular 10-15 minutes every morning setting my roster. I'll spend a maybe an additional 4-6 hours reading fantasy columns and considering roster moves and/or strategies.

I think that's as honest as I can be about it...never really thought about it that way.

snarg Wrote:yeah, 12 hours is a lot of time, but obviously you are not working too hard, bird23270
with time to play ball at luch and keep stats :roll:

when snarg left cali, he sold two businesses, one he ran himself and the other with a partner
and ya know what, when you are working for yourself, the work is easier, cause you work hard you make a lot of money
the problem with you clock-punchers is you get paid the same whether or not you are surfing the net all day
get a fucking job where you are paid according to your production, or run your own bidness and see how your production rises

i think flump summed it up, he has better things to do, that involve making money
it is called sweat equity, and he understands that, at least

the sad thing id that a lot of times, in times like this, the hard working small businessman gets hurt more than the drones just punching in and collecting their salaries

i got one piece of advice for tweety: get something on paper if you are really working 60+ hrs a week
you have implied you have an "agreement" and will be taken care of, but it is not worth the paper it is not written on

ps/ at the monastery we rose at 3:30 and went to bed at ten
there were a total of about 4 hrs of personal time during the day and half of sunday off
oh, yeah, once while doing this, i received a stipend of 75 bucks a month :woot:
yeah, snarg does not know what hard work is

I'm a partner and I get paid on commission.So what now?If you think I'm taking business advice from a guy who was working a fork lift at 50 you are fucking crazy.Save the lectures for the your best friend that sells oranges.

See You In Toledo

I've also done golf and nascar, but with minimal time commitment.

My "little lady" doesn't care how much time I spend on fantasy sports, which is zero minutes every day.

BIRD33 Wrote:I'm a partner and I get paid on commission.So what now?If you think I'm taking business advice from a guy who was working a fork lift at 50 you are fucking crazy.Save the lectures for the your best friend that sells oranges.

if you are a partner, all the better
jr. partner, i'm sure
i hope you have a good contract and a better lawyer

as for the lift, yeah
when people try to steal everything you have worked for, ya gotta pay the lawyers or you lose it all
i paid the price for other people's greed, but i won and got what was mine
now i do charity work when i feel like it
the best part is, in two yrs, you will be providing part of my income Smile
keep up the good work

you should have it so good when you are my age, little guy

Thomas Merton

I have a free pass. I run a very time consuming football league. It took me about 4 hours a day for 10 days just to set it up. That was in February too....

I make my live drafts after the kids goto bed and usually end up payied (sp?)... the next day I try to figure out what the fuck I was thinking in those last few rounds.

I ended up at my neighbors house saturday night around 11pm. My neighbor is Lebaneese and a buddy and I went over there to bullshit with him and whatnot. We had been out drinking since about 3... My neighbor brought out some shit they call Azul (or Irak?)... its some kind of clear liquid that turns white when you poor it over ice. Anyway we ended up staying over there until 1 or 2 in the morning... I don't remember leaving his house. I'm not sure what or how much of that stuff I drank. Good times....

Anhil8tor Wrote:I have a free pass. I run a very time consuming football league. It took me about 4 hours a day for 10 days just to set it up. That was in February too....

I make my live drafts after the kids goto bed and usually end up payied (sp?)... the next day I try to figure out what the fuck I was thinking in those last few rounds.

I ended up at my neighbors house saturday night around 11pm. My neighbor is Lebaneese and a buddy and I went over there to bullshit with him and whatnot. We had been out drinking since about 3... My neighbor brought out some shit they call Azul (or Irak?)... its some kind of clear liquid that turns white when you poor it over ice. Anyway we ended up staying over there until 1 or 2 in the morning... I don't remember leaving his house. I'm not sure what or how much of that stuff I drank. Good times....

Your kids should be in foster care. just sayin'

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Your kids should be in foster care. just sayin'

They're probably not his.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anhil8tor
04-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
08-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
03-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Last Post by BIRD33