Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Busted on Facebook
#1

Social networking ne'er-do-wells, beware. Last week, police in New Zealand arrested an alleged burglar after he was identified from security camera footage posted on the social networking site.


Personal profile as police lineup: It's the latest twist in the increasingly common story of people being incriminated by photos on Facebook and MySpace.

Here are more tales of people caught online, with links for more information on each story:

An Australian couple got served on Facebook.

In November, five young people were identified from their Facebook profiles after they allegedly committed this crime.

Bono faced questions after pictures of him partying with two bikini-clad 19-year-olds were posted on Facebook.

Amanda Knox's MySpace page has been scrutinized by the media leading up to her murder trial in Italy. (Her alleged accomplice got into some hot water, too, thanks to his Facebook pics.)

Finally, a legendary example from November 2007: A bank intern who skipped work for a "family emergency" became an Internet celebrity after his boss allegedly found this incriminating photo on Facebook.
Reply
#2

stop posting news articles

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#3

bite me
Reply
#4

I'm waiting for snarg to scold wooley.I wont hold my breath waiting.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#5

he wouldn't dare

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#6

It would be like yelling at a mirror.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

I no longer think that's an accurate comparison

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#8

WoolyGoat Wrote:I no longer think that's an accurate comparison

Not unless you have 2 heads and urinary incontinence.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#9

I love that you did think it was accurate at one time.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#10

to be honest I don't even remember when/why you made the comparison in the first place, just that it was pointless to argue.

but, given snarg's recent turn, I feel I need to defend myself.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#11

Cucumber Wrote:Not unless you have 2 heads and urinary incontinence.

don't forget the anal leakage
blimey

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Blondie
04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Last Post by minorthreat
04-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
09-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Last Post by Banana
03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Last Post by Vitamin E
12-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
10-23-2008, 01:39 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)