Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I Hear Obama's Senate Seat is For Sale!

BIRD33 Wrote:Its looking like he's going down or at the very least coming out of it wounded.I just read the transcript and Jackson approached the governor about paying him up front.The governor moved him to the top of the list after their conversation.

Obama basically is cleared by the governor if you read the transcripts.He basically says "He(obama) wants me to appoint candidate 1(a woman) and all we get out of it is his appreciation, fuck him".

Its weird when you read the transcript, the guy discusses how he's going to probably be indicted for something not pertaining to this and how he might just appoint himself to the senate seat because its easier to get resources to defend yourself as a sitting senator rather then a sitting governor.The guy had a hunch he was going to be indicted but still talked freely on the phone about how he was going to sell the seat.Fucking stupid.

Yeah I read that. I had to re-read the part about him seating himself because it would be easier to raise funds for a legal defense when they indicted him. That is some of the funniest shit I have ever heard.

This guy is beyond stupid.

How much ???

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?

leeman Wrote:How much ???

Apparantly, Jackson was at the top of the list with an offer to "help" him raise $500,000 for his campaign fund and then someone else was going to "help" raise $1,000,000 if Jackson got the seat.

So, unless I heard it wrong it was $1.5 million with some of it "upfront" to show they were players.

the other funny part was he wanted the money to help rehabilitate his image for a possible presidential run in 2012.He's polling at 9% approval right now.He might really be certifiably crazy.

See You In Toledo

BIRD33 Wrote:the other funny part was he wanted the money to help rehabilitate his image for a possible presidential run in 2012.He's polling at 9% approval right now.He might really be certifiably crazy.

Oh shit, I heard that last night on nightline. I would love to see some big news guy get a crack at an interview with him right now. I'm not really sure he even understands that he's in big trouble. Less than an hour after he bailed himself out of jail he was back in the governor's office. Probably on the phone trying to bribe a judge.

There is some question as to if he is legally allowed to take compensation because as governor he can give it to whoever he wants.

http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg...-jobs.html

[Image: lego.png]

See You In Toledo

I shook his hand one time. Should have counted my fingers afterwards.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.

Rod is short for Milorad. I did not know that.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.

Paddy Wrote:Rod is short for Milorad. I did not know that.

guy must have been beaten up a bunch in grade school. milorad? :lool:

he's down to 8% approval and still trying to hold on
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081212/ap_o...s_governor

I was watching Chris Matthews show last night and he made a good point that if you take out all the curse words and other rough language and said what he said in a more refined way it wouldnt sound so illegal.He basically was saying hey I'm not going to be governor forever and I would like help continuing my career in public service and I will help you if you help me.

See You In Toledo

major spin on that one

BIRD33 Wrote:I was watching Chris Matthews show last night and he made a good point that if you take out all the curse words and other rough language and said what he said in a more refined way it wouldnt sound so illegal.He basically was saying hey I'm not going to be governor forever and I would like help continuing my career in public service and I will help you if you help me.

Yeah, and if you leave out the curse words and the erased parts, all Nixon was wanting was for someone to tell him what the Democrats were doing.

Its gaining steam.

Granted, he's a sleaze, but how solid is the government's case?

http://www.slate.com/id/2206442/

See You In Toledo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WoolyGoat
12-05-2016, 11:57 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
11-14-2012, 12:57 AM