Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I'm going buy a gun
#1

for home protection...

[Image: 229Rleft.jpg]
Reply
#2

I was out shootin with these ones yesterday ...

Fun as hell ....


Attached Files
.jpg 20080630047.jpg Size: 54.77 KB  Downloads: 8

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#3

Do you have a lot of crime in your neighborhood?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#4

BIRD33 Wrote:Do you have a lot of crime in your neighborhood?

Me ..?

nahh ...'
Just fun ... Most of those guns are blackpowder ones, mussle loaded, there's no permit demand on them in sweden....

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#5

leeman Wrote:Me ..?

nahh ...'
Just fun ... Most of those guns are blackpowder ones, mussle loaded, there's no permit demand on them in sweden....

Is it hard to get a permit for a regular gun?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

BIRD33 Wrote:Is it hard to get a permit for a regular gun?

Yepp ...

We have serious gun controlls here ....


Like have a speeding ticket and you will have allmost no chance of getting a permit.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#7

leeman Wrote:Yepp ...

We have serious gun controlls here ....


Like have a speeding ticket and you will have allmost no chance of getting a permit.

Really?One speeding ticket and you can't get one for life?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#8

BIRD33 Wrote:Really?One speeding ticket and you can't get one for life?

Little over the top but close.....

Definitly not if you're caught for stealin or sumthin.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#9

Its kind of the same here but not for speeding tickets.Our problem is there are so damn many of them.Its not hard to buy one illegally.I have no problems with guns in general but I do think they should treat people who have one illegally like they already have murdered someone.That would make them seem less cool to the pubic.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#10

Here in sweden to get a permit you have to go thru mandatory training and schooling. I think it's like 6 months, and then you have to pass 5 shootings + 2 written tests.

Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Reply
#11

I'm buying mine for home protection. I decided its time to arm the house. I'm going to learn this gun back and forth. It has night sites on it and being a .40 cal has some stopping power. I have never bought a gun and kinda shit my pants when I found out how much they run.
Reply
#12

You can get a good one used. What about having a gun with kids in the house?
Reply
#13

quint Wrote:You can get a good one used. What about having a gun with kids in the house?


I'd be more worried about my kid shooting himself or me.I know its probably locked up but how much shit of your parents did you get into when they werent around?


In one survey, 10% of families admitted to having unlocked and loaded firearms within easy reach of children (Patterson and Smith, 1987). Another study showed that two-thirds of accidental firearms injuries occured in the home, and one-third involved children under 15. 45% were self-inflicted, and 16% occurred when children were playing with guns. (Morrow and Hudson, 1986) A study from 1991-2000 showed that twice as many people died from unintentional firearm injuries in states in the U.S. where firearm owners were more likely to store their firearms loaded. (Miller, et al, 2005)
The issue of "home defense" or protection against intruders may well be misrepresented. Of 626 shootings in or around a residence in three U.S. cities revealed that, for every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides (Kellermann et al, 1998). Over 50% of all households in the U.S. admit to having firearms (Nelson et al, 1987). In another study, regardless of storage practice, type of gun, or number of firearms in the home, having a gun in the home was associated with an increased risk of firearm homicide and suicide in the home (Dahlberg, Ikeda and Kresnow, 2004). Persons who own a gun and who engage in abuse of intimate partners such as a spouse are more likely to use a gun to threaten their intimate partner. (Rothman, et al) It would appear that, rather than beign used for defense, most of these weapons inflict injuries on the owners and their families

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

I'm buying a trigger lock with it. Hopefully that'll deter them.
Reply
#15

BIRD33 Wrote:Its kind of the same here but not for speeding tickets.Our problem is there are so damn many of them.Its not hard to buy one illegally.I have no problems with guns in general but I do think they should treat people who have one illegally like they already have murdered someone.That would make them seem less cool to the pubic.
A gun to the pubic can really ruin your day.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#16

i think that having guns in the house is only dangerous to kids if they don't understand the purpose for them and never see their dad using them for anything. I've never really known a hunter that had guns and raised his kids to respect them and what they were used for, that had a problem with their kids doing anything stupid with them.

and the problem with having a gun in the house for "home protection" is that you can't very well have it locked up and a secure place, if you think you might need to get your hands on it quick in case of a break-in. So, that makes them too readily available for a small child to stumble upon them.

I've always had guns, but they've always been locked in a gun cabinet. I doubt they would do me much good in a situation of home protection. It would be hard to get to the garage and load one in time.
Reply
#17

unless you keep it under your pillow home protection is just a euphemism for a small penis.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#18

BIRD33 Wrote:unless you keep it under your pillow home protection is just a euphemism for a small penis.

my initial plan is to keep in in the dresser next to my bed. every night i take it out and unlock it.. every morning i lock it up and put it back.

i'm ritualistic so it should work.
Reply
#19

Wooden Louisville Slugger under the bed is my home protection.

Grow a set "anhil8tor"

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#20

I have a large dog thats one bite away from being put to sleep.I can leave the doors unlocked.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)