Posts: 13,679
Threads: 549
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
would be the favorite if everyone could add one alumnus that's currently playing in the NBA. ( I think I asked this last year)
baron davis? pierce? boozer? durant? iverson?
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
If Duke had Elton Brand healthy they'd roll.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Best first round game:K St. Vs. USC -I see K St. in an upset.
Biggest mismatch:Cornell Vs. Stanford -Cornell has never seen two 7 footers before
Upset in 1st rd:Georgia over Xavier-Kentucky over Marquette-K St over USC
1st #1 seed to lose:Memphis to Pittsburgh
See You In Toledo
Posts: 13,679
Threads: 549
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
K State/USC is going to be fun to watch. I'm sure I'll be stuck at freakin work...what time's the game?
Posts: 239
Threads: 4
Joined: Mar 2008
Reputation:
0
Put Iverson with UCLA and they'd clench it.
Posts: 239
Threads: 4
Joined: Mar 2008
Reputation:
0
Just saw your note about alumni, missed it intially.
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Hawks, add Julian or Pierce...they'd be unstoppable.
K-Suck/USC is around 5:30 your time I think. Its an evening game.
I've got USC. They're hot right now, K-State is on a huge slide, and I like USC's defense. K-State truly is a one man team. Beasley can get his double-double and they'll still lose.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Odds K St. advances further than KU: 10-1
USC is a circus.Tim Floyd is a snake oil salesman.I see Beasley lighting up Mayo.Mayo is Penny Hardaway.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:Odds K St. advances further than KU: 10-1
USC is a circus.Tim Floyd is a snake oil salesman.I see Beasley lighting up Mayo.Mayo is Penny Hardaway.
1st statement, borderline retarded.
USC is a circus. Agreed on Tim Floyd. Mayo won't guard Beasley, but Taj Gibson probably will and he ripped up Durant last year. Beasley could go for 40 and 20, they'd still lose. Beasley has no team around him. His guards are horrible, his coach is a fucking joke, and his buddy Billy Walker implodes under pressure. Bank on it, USC wins.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
USC is just as fragile.Their heads are so fucked up right now with all the hype of Mayo vs. Beasley.It could be Beasley vs USC but I'll take Beasley.Can you see USC having a win on KU this season?
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:USC is just as fragile.Their heads are so fucked up right now with all the hype of Mayo vs. Beasley.It could be Beasley vs USC but I'll take Beasley.Can you see USC having a win on KU this season?
They just about did. We beat them by 4 at their place.
There was so much hype behind the game at K-State it was bound to happen. It was their super bowl. They consider their season a success just because they finally beat KU after 23 years at their place. I'll take USC based solely on the coaching matchup. Frank Martin shouldn't be coaching anywhere in Division I.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
good call on k-state, tweety
are you saying you did not pull the trigger, tho??
:loool:
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I picked USC because I trusted clay knew something about a team that plays a few miles from his house.You can take to the bank my predictions that no Philly team will win a game(possible exception Nova).I will never trust clay again.He can use this thread to apologize to me.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:I picked USC because I trusted clay knew something about a team that plays a few miles from his house.You can take to the bank my predictions that no Philly team will win a game(possible exception Nova).I will never trust clay again.He can use this thread to apologize to me.
Bill Walker hasn't done shit since they beat KU back in January. I'm sorry I let you down, but without him leading them in scoring they wouldn't have won. I didn't expect him to pull his head out of his ass.
Like my San Diego/Siena pick?
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours