Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Would it be racist to post/talk about that southpark clip?
#1

what? was askin.
Reply
#2

I thought it was hilarious.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

Anhil8tor Wrote:what? was askin.

post the damn clip
thanks

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#4

snarg Wrote:post the damn clip
thanks

only place I could find it was UJ
Reply
#5

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=247503

"the original"

Then here's the transcript of the scene :

Randy is standing in front of an entirely Black audience)
Randy: And so, it is my honor to announce the Randy Marsh African-American Scholarship Foundation.
(Audience applauds)
It is my hope that this Foundation will PROVE my commitment to the education of African-American students and erase, once and for all, my identity as "the N. Guy".
(audience looks around awkwardly)
You really..you really don't know how hard it is to be constantly reminded of something lame that happened in your past. I mean, I just wanna move on from what happened on Wheel of Fortune, you know? And when people call me (begrudgingly) N. Guy they're bringing up a painful chapter of my history and all the negativity that went along with it. You just can't imagine how that feels.
Audience Member: Is this N. Guy serious? (edit)
Reply
#6

I don't think this kind of dialogue would be problematic. Anyhow the problem when you use a pejorative term is that you start the whole stuff by putting yourself already "in one camp".
I mean you can use pejorative terms with all the heavy historical meaning but don't be especially puzzled if everything goes downhill.

Moreover I don't think that we do the case of that stuff around here but I'm maybe wrong it could be interesting to see what sprouts out from a discussion about that.

Anyhow what was the theme ?

- people being stupid ?
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Last Post by Bill
01-14-2011, 07:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)