Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Friday March 2, 2007 The start of NFL Free Agency
#1

Hope for every team..

sounds like the 9ers landed Adalius Thomas. Thats a great add.
Reply
#2

SF 49ers and the Titans are gonna go crazy in free agency

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#3

Vitamin E Wrote:SF 49ers and the Titans are gonna go crazy in free agency

Its like christmas for NFL fans. I remember a few years ago when they had to cut 8 people just to get under the cap. Now they have almost 40 Mil to spend and all it takes is a couple of players to end up in the super bowl.

Vikes cut Brad Johnson eh.
Reply
#4

Anhil8tor Wrote:Its like christmas for NFL fans. I remember a few years ago when they had to cut 8 people just to get under the cap. Now they have almost 40 Mil to spend and all it takes is a couple of players to end up in the super bowl.

Vikes cut Brad Johnson eh.
I think you mean "it's" or "it is" not "its". Interesting comparison.What do you remember about a few years ago when they had to cut 8 people just to get under the cap ?Why now? Where did they get them?Are you Canadian? What is your real name?

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#5

Ya gotta love them Vikings! Cut the lowest paid starting QB in the league...reason? Salary cap. OUCH!

Brad was one of the most underrated QB's his entire career, now he's a little old to make an impact. (Take the hint Favre)

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#6

What about the rumors of Randy Moss going to GreenBay?

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#7

Vitamin E Wrote:Ya gotta love them Vikings! Cut the lowest paid starting QB in the league...reason? Salary cap. OUCH!

Nah. He wanted to be paid more, because he was starting, and the Vikes didn't want to pay. Rumor has it that they will again try to get Schaub from the Falcons. It will cost them a draft pick or two though.
Reply
#8

Chargers give Micheal Turner 2.35 Mill for 1 year to backup LT...
Reply
#9

Vitamin E Wrote:What about the rumors of Randy Moss going to GreenBay?

Right now I've heard it's anywhere between a 2nd and a 4th round pick. As a Pack fan, I wouldn't complain. In other Pack FA news, they haven't signed A. Green yet, so it looks like he'll get to test the market. Even if he doesn't go, every mock draft I've seen so far has them taking M. Lynch RB in the first round of the draft. One has them taking the TE from Miami that had a great combine because TE Bubba Franks is gone this year.
Reply
#10

Pong Wrote:Nah. He wanted to be paid more, because he was starting, and the Vikes didn't want to pay. Rumor has it that they will again try to get Schaub from the Falcons. It will cost them a draft pick or two though.

T Jack should be ready to start in preseason.

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#11

Anhil8tor Wrote:Chargers give Micheal Turner 2.35 Mill for 1 year to backup LT...

They had to do it because he's a restricted FA. So, other teams that make him offers now have to compensate them. There are a LOT of teams eyeballing him this offseason.
Reply
#12

Pong Wrote:Right now I've heard it's anywhere between a 2nd and a 4th round pick. As a Pack fan, I wouldn't complain. In other Pack FA news, they haven't signed A. Green yet, so it looks like he'll get to test the market. Even if he doesn't go, every mock draft I've seen so far has them taking M. Lynch RB in the first round of the draft. One has them taking the TE from Miami that had a great combine because TE Bubba Franks is gone this year.

I read this morning its Rogers and a pick....
Reply
#13

Vitamin E Wrote:T Jack should be ready to start in preseason.

Tavarius will not be the starter at the begining of the season baring injury to whoever they bring in.
Reply
#14

Pong Wrote:Tavarius will not be the starter at the begining of the season baring injury to whoever they bring in.

I hope you're wrong. But, that is a genuine worry.

Atlanta would be foolish to not keep a legitimate back up QB. Vick can't stay healthy. This kind of talk is what makes NFL free agency, the Draft, and trade dead lines such great fodder for conversation.

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#15

Vitamin E Wrote:Atlanta would be foolish to not keep a legitimate back up QB. Vick can't stay healthy. This kind of talk is what makes NFL free agency, the Draft, and trade dead lines such great fodder for conversation.

If Atlanta doesn't do something with him this offseason I will truely be surprised. He is a regular FA at the end of next season and will leave, guarenteed. Unless they decide to move Vick, they will move Schaub and try to get something in return.
Reply
#16

Pong Wrote:If Atlanta doesn't do something with him this offseason I will truely be surprised. He is a regular FA at the end of next season and will leave, guarenteed. Unless they decide to move Vick, they will move Schaub and try to get something in return.
That is a hypothetical question.I don't know very many regular FA at the end of next season and will leave guarenteed.Huh.
The anonymous "they".

Who said I had to make sense ?
Reply
#17

I landed Schaub last year in a contract league..

I maxed him out with 5 years at $2. Hopefully he'll start somewhere.

He now has four left but will be worth it if he starts at anytime
Reply
#18

Here's a nice little rumor for ya. Kyle Boller to Carolina.

Quote:File this one away for future reference, because nothing can happen right away. But I keep hearing the Panthers really like Baltimore quarterback Kyle Boller. It makes sense, because Boller is a young guy with some experience and some upside.

He did a good job stepping in when Steve McNair was injured last season and the Panthers would like to have someone like that in place if Jake Delhomme gets injured. Boller also has enough skills to challenge for a starting job if Delhomme struggles like he did much of last season.

The hang-up here is Boller is not scheduled to be a free agent until 2008. He remains under contract (with a very friendly salary-cap number) to the Ravens. Let me emphasize there are no trade talks going on and trades are rare in the NFL. But keep this one in the back of your mind for the spring.
Reply
#19

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408


Lions trade Bly to Broncos for Tatum Bell, Foster
Reply
#20

Pong Wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408


Lions trade Bly to Broncos for Tatum Bell, Foster

Sorry about your loss.. but hey we have to move on
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Free Animal!
Blueeyedwoman
Last Post by Anhil8tor
08-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Last Post by phantom
04-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Last Post by spunky
03-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Last Post by Banana
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
01-18-2010, 04:30 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)