Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

CBGB Brings Down the Curtain
#1

full article

[B]http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/16/arts/m...?th&emc=th[/B]

CBGB Brings Down the Curtain With Nostalgia and One Last Night of Rock



“I’m sentimental,” she said as she stood on the Bowery and pointed an antique Polaroid toward the club’s ragged, soiled awning, and a mob of photographers and reporters gathered around her.
Last night was the last concert at CBGB, the famously crumbling rock club that has been in continuous, loud operation since December 1973, serving as the casual headquarters and dank incubator for some of New York’s most revered groups — Ms. Smith’s, the Ramones, Blondie, Talking Heads, Television, Sonic Youth — as well as thousands more whose blares left less of a mark on history but whose graffiti and concert fliers might still remain on its walls.

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#2

Dank incubator?

:confused:
Reply
#3

Sad day!

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#4

fuck off, this is for 8'er

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#5

snarg Wrote:fuck off, this is for 8'er

My bad! If this thread wreaked of crawdads I would have known.

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#6

sorry to see it!
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by snarg
01-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Last Post by quint
08-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Last Post by minorthreat
04-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Last Post by Banana
08-19-2004, 08:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)