03-01-2006, 08:13 PM
in his lesson yesterday. I was feeding him forehands when he pops up with,
"My sister's got a really cool vibrator."
I went all bug-eyed at him cause he's only nine years old. I said, "What did you say?" Fucker repeats it.
There I am, racquet in my hand just gaping at him. Finally I squeaked out, "Isn't your sister like eleven years old?"
"Twelve," he said. "Her vibrator's really cool. I got to use it, too."
Not much renders me speechless, but leave it to Bugger.
Finally he holds up his racquet and points to the string dampener. "See it? It's right here on my racquet, isn't it awesome?"
A string dampener lessens the vibration on the racquet strings when a player strikes the ball. It's a small rubber thing that fits into the bottom row of strings. There is another name for it as well which I've forgotten but it sure isn't "vibrator."
"My sister's got a really cool vibrator."
I went all bug-eyed at him cause he's only nine years old. I said, "What did you say?" Fucker repeats it.
There I am, racquet in my hand just gaping at him. Finally I squeaked out, "Isn't your sister like eleven years old?"
"Twelve," he said. "Her vibrator's really cool. I got to use it, too."
Not much renders me speechless, but leave it to Bugger.
Finally he holds up his racquet and points to the string dampener. "See it? It's right here on my racquet, isn't it awesome?"
A string dampener lessens the vibration on the racquet strings when a player strikes the ball. It's a small rubber thing that fits into the bottom row of strings. There is another name for it as well which I've forgotten but it sure isn't "vibrator."
