Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Aggie Preperations for the hurricane
#1

funny
Reply
#2

That bookstore is closed for remodeling. Not for the hurricane. Try again.
Reply
#3

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:That bookstore is closed for remodeling. Not for the hurricane. Try again.

Who are you kidding....

We all know Aggie's don't read.
Reply
#4

Bill Wrote:Who are you kidding....

We all know Aggie's don't read.
Wow, I could have sworn those were books that they traded me for $1,000 every semester and made me carry back to the dorm.
Reply
#5

can anyone guess who the resident aggie of IT is?
Reply
#6

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Wow, I could have sworn those were books that they traded me for $1,000 every semester and made me carry back to the dorm.

Let me guess....

An illustrated guide on How to build a bigger, taller and better bon fire.
Reply
#7

Bill Wrote:Let me guess....

An illustrated guide on How to build a bigger, taller and better bon fire.
Don't get me started.....
Reply
#8

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Don't get me started.....

Do they still do the whole bonfire thing anymore?
Reply
#9

Monen's an Aggie I think...
Reply
#10

Bill Wrote:Do they still do the whole bonfire thing anymore?
No. That tradition has gone in the toilet. The do-gooders have taken over. The meek really are going to inherit the earth.
Reply
#11

I have been to a few aggie games.. bonfire was $$$.. i wish it would come back.
Reply
#12

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:No. That tradition has gone in the toilet. The do-gooders have taken over. The meek really are going to inherit the earth.

bummer man....when is the game...I know it's in november but what day I don't know....I remember listening to it on the radio as a kid..was always a big deal.
Reply
#13

Bill Wrote:bummer man....when is the game...I know it's in november but what day I don't know....I remember listening to it on the radio as a kid..was always a big deal.
Traditionally it has been the Thursday of Thanksgiving. But, recent years they have moved it to either that Saturday or the next Saturday (usually first of December) to get better TV coverage. The TV coverage rules everything in college football.
Reply
#14

Anhil8tor Wrote:I have been to a few aggie games.. bonfire was $$$.. i wish it would come back.
I was one of the "redpots" or guys in charge of building it back in my day. I was the only civilian, the rest of the guys were in the corp of cadets. There were 6 of us. Man, we ate, drank and slept out there from October through the end of November. Much beer and whiskey and much work. The last two weeks its 24 hour shifts. It took about 80 to 100 semi-truck loads of wood to build it. 90 feet tall, and 60 feet diameter at the base.
Reply
#15

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:That bookstore is closed for remodeling. Not for the hurricane. Try again.

WRONG! Fucking aggies reaching for damage control

Students and others associated with Texas A&M University (known as "Aggies") in College Station, Texas, are often the butt of regional humor portraying them as dumb hicks. (University of Texas and Texas A&M students trade jokes casting each other as buffoons, just as here in southern California the same jokes circulate with versions featuring either USC or UCLA students.) The image displayed above (evidently taken from a student web site on which several other pictures of the same scene are displayed) is in that vein, a spoof of the familiar MasterCard "Priceless" commercials supposedly showing an A&M-associated store (Loupot's Bookstore) whose owner presumably boarded up the "wrong" side of the shop's windows (i.e., the interior rather than the exterior) to prevent them from breaking when Hurricane Rita hit the Gulf Coast in September 2005. Without more contextual information, however, we could also assume that the proprietors were resigned to window breakage and were most concerned about keeping shattered glass out of the store, and therefore they deliberately boarded it up from the inside.

A post on the TexAgs.com message board, apparently from an operator of Loupot's, indicates that the latter assumption may be correct — the store's windows could not support exterior-mounted plywood, so the boards were placed inside to protect the shop floor from glass shards:


Our windows will not support the weight of plywood screwed into their frames — neither is there sufficient masonry wall surrounding them for an attachment — therefore our contractor a "good Ag" suggested saving the store from a major cleanup and letting the glass go — it wasn't a difficult decision to make!
Reply
#16

Anhil8tor Wrote:WRONG! Fucking aggies reaching for damage control

Students and others associated with Texas A&M University (known as "Aggies") in College Station, Texas, are often the butt of regional humor portraying them as dumb hicks. (University of Texas and Texas A&M students trade jokes casting each other as buffoons, just as here in southern California the same jokes circulate with versions featuring either USC or UCLA students.) The image displayed above (evidently taken from a student web site on which several other pictures of the same scene are displayed) is in that vein, a spoof of the familiar MasterCard "Priceless" commercials supposedly showing an A&M-associated store (Loupot's Bookstore) whose owner presumably boarded up the "wrong" side of the shop's windows (i.e., the interior rather than the exterior) to prevent them from breaking when Hurricane Rita hit the Gulf Coast in September 2005. Without more contextual information, however, we could also assume that the proprietors were resigned to window breakage and were most concerned about keeping shattered glass out of the store, and therefore they deliberately boarded it up from the inside.

A post on the TexAgs.com message board, apparently from an operator of Loupot's, indicates that the latter assumption may be correct — the store's windows could not support exterior-mounted plywood, so the boards were placed inside to protect the shop floor from glass shards:


Our windows will not support the weight of plywood screwed into their frames — neither is there sufficient masonry wall surrounding them for an attachment — therefore our contractor a "good Ag" suggested saving the store from a major cleanup and letting the glass go — it wasn't a difficult decision to make!

Defending Old Army Lou that owns Loupots is not damage control. Its what we do.
Reply
#17

:bump:
Reply
#18

Bill Wrote::bump:

PWneD? :yay:

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#19

Bill Wrote::bump:

Wow. I had no idea I had such a big fan.

Tell you what, Flumperwannabe, you show me where I was in a frat. I don't see it.
Reply
#20

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Wow. I had no idea I had such a big fan.

Tell you what, Flumperwannabe, you show me where I was in a frat. I don't see it.

PwnED right back?? :yay:

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Hurricane Katrina
leucetios
Last Post by Anhil8tor
04-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Last Post by Bill
03-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
09-26-2005, 07:14 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)