Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tour de France energy output
#1

so the guy that finished 9th, Floyd Landis, rode with some gear that let a company measure his energy output.

Summary: over the course of the Tour's 21 stages, Landis generated a mind-blowing 70,914 kilojoules of work, which means he burned about 74,000 calories -- about 133 Big Macs' worth.


Chemically: this is the same energy store in a lead acid battery weigh 1206 lbs

Mechnically this is the same energy a 3000lb car travelling at 722 miles an hour outputs

Thermally this is enough energy to melt a block of ice weight 470lbs
Reply
#2

neat

suzy Wrote:Seriously, I hope you like to be peed on.
Reply
#3

is leu the brains here?
Reply
#4

Anhil8tor Wrote:is leu the brains here?

no.. I found an article on wirednews.com and then found an energy converter cause I had no clue what a kilojoule was ><
Reply
#5

leucetios Wrote:no.. I found an article on wirednews.com and then found an energy converter cause I had no clue what a kilojoule was ><

That's what Fem's cuban boyfriend would do to you if he caught ya'll together mang!
Reply
#6

[Image: 97465.jpg]
Reply
#7

leucetios Wrote:[Image: 97465.jpg]

you may need one of these
[Image: truck-26.jpg]
to tote that ego around.
Reply
#8

Bill Wrote:you may need one of these
[Image: truck-26.jpg]
to tote that ego around.

Does that have the hydraulic lift at the back?
Reply
#9

leucetios Wrote:Does that have the hydraulic lift at the back?

god knows you'll need it. (insert rejection/manuscript joke here)
Reply
#10

Bill Wrote:god knows you'll need it. (insert rejection/manuscript joke here)

I got another last week... no one noticed ><
Reply
#11

leucetios Wrote:I got another last week... no one noticed ><

sorry bro.

http://www.infinitypublishing.com/
Reply
#12

Bill Wrote:sorry bro.

http://www.infinitypublishing.com/


thanks :wub:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
03-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Last Post by Sassy
07-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Last Post by Sassy
06-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Last Post by Blondie
01-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Last Post by Sassy
10-11-2006, 07:41 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)