Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I'm thinking of making some cheese grits.
#1

Is it true that people in the North don't know what grits are?
Reply
#2

Jelly Wrote:Is it true that people in the North don't know what grits are?

it's slowly catching on, but I still have to make mine myself....they don't know how to make'um right yet.
Reply
#3

no idea.
Reply
#4

grits to me (NY) are like the "carrier" for something else. You need to put something in them to make them enjoyable.
By itself, a bowl of grits is nasty.
Reply
#5

K.F.C. Wrote:grits to me (NY) are like the "carrier" for something else. You need to put something in them to make them enjoyable.
By itself, a bowl of grits is nasty.
I can't eat them without tons of salt and cheese.
Reply
#6

On the Tuna trip..

We stayed on a houseboat and the old lady that owned it cooked for us. She made some of the best grits I have ever ate. $$$$
Reply
#7

Jelly Wrote:I can't eat them without tons of salt and cheese.


I take my bacon and eggs and mix it all together....
Reply
#8

mmmm eggs over medium, bacon, toast, grits, hashbrowns covered and smothered, coffee, and milk. my favorite saturday breakfast.

prolly
Reply
#9

grits.. fuggin nasssttyyyyyy

Minorthreat wishes
Reply
#10

There's actually a box (?) of grits in my cupboard...never touched 'em.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#11

Actually, everything I know about grits I learned from My Cousin Vinny.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#12

just make sure you eat them when they're hot and fresh. otherwise they just turn to pasty glue like old oatmeal.

prolly
Reply
#13

SizeMatters Wrote:mmmm eggs over medium, bacon, toast, grits, hashbrowns covered and smothered, coffee, and milk. my favorite saturday breakfast.

I thought that was a beer and a blunt?

apple Wrote:Aww, but mich, its only a 22 year age difference, I'm still legal :broken:

Bill Wrote:The pool is frozen like Tom Foolery's Saturday night date's snatch.

pineschic Wrote:comon' over here big boy (Vita E).. I'll warm you right up. lol
Reply
#14

Michman Wrote:I thought that was a beer and a blunt?


thats lunch dude. :booze: Confusedpliff:





:michman:

prolly
Reply
#15

The first time I had grits was in boot camp. I thought they were (get your FTFY ready) 'cream of wheat'. When I tasted them, I thought, I'm gonna hate the Marines if they can make something so good taste this bad.
Reply
#16

WoolyGoat Wrote:Actually, everything I know about grits I learned from My Cousin Vinny.
2nd!

[Image: line.gif]
Reply
#17

Asshat Wrote:2nd!
but you live in Texas. :S
Reply
#18

VitaminE Wrote:The first time I had grits was in boot camp. I thought they were (get your FTFY ready) 'cream of wheat'. When I tasted them, I thought, I'm gonna hate the Marines if they can make something so good taste this bad.

You must not remember MREs dood...with the miniture bottle of tabasco to add flavor to your fake eggs....
Reply
#19

TammyC Wrote:grits.. fuggin nasssttyyyyyy

couldn't agree more

[Image: Junkinbox.jpg]
Reply
#20

Tried them once in St Louis.. Fucking nasty.

:fuckYou:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jimmy
03-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Last Post by Blondie
01-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Last Post by PinesChic
12-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Last Post by who
09-25-2008, 06:49 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)