Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

a duck walks into a bar
#1

>, he asks the barman do you have any peanuts? the
>barman says no so the duck goes away. The next day the duck comes in again
>and asks do you have any peanuts? the barman says no and the duck goes away
>again. The next day the duck comes in again do you have any peanuts? the
>barman says no and the duck goes away again. The next day the duck comes in
>again the barman getting angry by now says look if you come in here asking
>for bloody peanuts again I'm going to chop your bloody head off with an
>axe! The duck says ok and goes away. The next day the duck comes in again
>and says do you have an axe?
>the barman sighs and says no

>good says the duck do you have any peanuts?

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#2

bump

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#3

:loool:
Reply
#4

Snarg, did you get high today?:420:

[Image: Vulture_animated.gif]
Reply
#5

i have no drugs in the house
that is best for me

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#6

snarg Wrote:i have no drugs in the house
that is best for me

do you know that sugar triggers the same patterns in the brain as hard drugs ?
Reply
#7

i don't eat much sugar
alcohol and cigarettes are my present vices of choice

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by PinesChic
02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Last Post by ntype
09-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Last Post by ntype
11-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Last Post by who
04-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Last Post by Bill
07-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Last Post by ntype
07-20-2006, 03:18 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)