Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Watched Kentucky lose last night.Wall is still a stud.Plays like a senior.South Carolina's building was rocking last night.Never knew they had such a hard place to play at.
Duke beats Florida State by 12 tonight.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Just another 26 pt win in the ACC for Duke last night.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:I watched the second half of the KU game or parts of it since it was a blowout.I like Aldrich and I read Bill Simmons thinks he's a top 5 draft pick and he maybe he is because of his size but theres a little Raef Lafrentz in him that worries me.Don't see him truly banging with the brothers like say DuJuan Blair.Who was that white center that Uconn had about 3 or 4 years ago?Thats him.
Cole is a great college athlete, much like Nick Collison was. He'll be a servicable big for 10 years in the league. After Wall, Johnson, and Turner the lottery has a drop off.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:I like them.Old school Nova\G-town days I was a Georgetown guy for some reason.Mainly because I hated Massamino I guess.Its sweet J.T. Jr is their coach.
Love g-town. When I was a kid I thought they were an all black school like Grambling. Greg Monroe is surprisingly a really good passer. Guess you have to playing in the Princeton. Self just missed out on him. Speaking of which, I spotted Billy Gilespie sitting with the coaches families at the game Monday night.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
I mean he is playing against clowns...but he is a stud. Has Duke played Ga. Tech yet? Might have fits with him down low. So glad he took a pass on Calipari and stayed home.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Tech beat them.They have another 6'9" 1st rounder at the other forward.Zubeck and Plumlees could not keep them away from the basket.It was bad.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Glen Rice Jr. plays for them. I think Paul Hewitt is a shitty coach.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 28,652
Threads: 4,420
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I hope UL goes out and hires Gilespie. I'd love to see that guy here in Lafayette!
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Worst half of Duke basketball all year.They have nobody who can guard Monroe.They basically forfeited the lower half of the paint.Not even trying to post anyone up.All 4 guys stand around the perimeter with one plumlee down low and they jack threes.Scheyer is having his worst game.The passing is not crisp.They have no big men.None.I've tried to figure out which plumlee is better but I really can't tell a difference.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Dreadful.I withdraw that I think they can win a title.Not with that interior problem.Final four maybe with the right draw.If they have a three point contest national champion they can win that.If they are hitting threes they can beat some good teams because they do play solid d if the match ups arent bad but so what.It was shocking how bad they were down low.The plumlee parents are robbing duke. at best they should have got a 2 for 1 deal in terms of scholarships.They suck.I bet all they do in practice is set screens because I've yet to see one try to post someone up.You're fucking forwards, if you can't post up you shouldnt be playing.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
I think Ga Tech is gonna win the ACC.
Sherron Collins deserves to be an All American. If he's not, it's a travesty.
K-State has the worst fans in the nation. Who boo's after you lose a game? They also have the worst town and town nickname in the nation. Little Big Apple? Seriously? If you've ever been there, 1 in 4 vehicles probably have Rebel Flags on them somewhere. Not one chick in their stands above a 5, even their cheerleaders. I hate K-State.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Duke Ga Tech on Thursday.I see Duke having a bounce back game and winning it.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:Is NCAA Tournament expanding to 96?
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colleges/...ill-expand
I'm sure I'll watch but it will certainly cheapen the opening rounds as far as excitement is concerned.Your going to have a 25 seed playing a 1 or something?If a 16 has never beaten a 1 then whats the point really besides making money?
What a farse. Every year there are 3 to 4 teams who cry over not getting in when in reality they really didn't play well enough to get in. This will take away from the allure of the tourney. What I can't believe is all the big name coaches who are in favor of this.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours