Posts: 3,904
Threads: 213
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation:
0
Wow
Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Its not about sexualizing the breast its about personal space.We are taught to respect each others and the exposed bare breast of a stranger is certainly a ingrained awkward situation even with the baby.If I looked at you on the beach while a wave knocked your top off I'd feel like a pig.Somehow the presence of a baby allows me to stare at something that I would be in trouble for looking at any other day.The main thing is I didnt ask for that to happen but its being forced upon me.If you have to do it because the baby is starving and you have no other place to go fine but some how I doubt thats the case most times.Mothers (and my sisters are prime examples of this) take mothering so seriously that they are sometimes in your face about it.Great you had a kid, you and 70 billion other people.Way to go.Not saying go in hiding but be more discreet.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 3,904
Threads: 213
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation:
0
I actually mostly agree with Bird's post. I agree with covering up, but think it's rude for someone to ask you to.
Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Posts: 3,904
Threads: 213
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation:
0
Vitamin E Wrote:IN!
Anyone besides E? :S
Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Horrible.Thanks for that.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 3,904
Threads: 213
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:I think its rude both ways but only one side gets peoples sympathy.
Yeah, only the side of people who don't want to view breastfeeding. See also: photos of such being deleted on PB and FB. Very few people nurse while exposed, so it's almost a non issue. But, if I did and someone was rude to me, I think you'd find more people on his side.
Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Posts: 3,904
Threads: 213
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation:
0
JCW Wrote:Cuz the law's on our side on this one, I would guess...
Legally, yes. But, morally, there's still so much censorship of it.
Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Posts: 1,719
Threads: 15
Joined: Jan 2010
Reputation:
0
I wonder if it's a male vs. female perspective issue. Or a parent vs. non-parent perspective issue maybe...