Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Coach Jacques LaMaire leaves Wild
#1

SON OF A FUKK! :fuckYou:

Dear Jack,

Don't be a fuck. If you take the job in Boston, Philly or Calgary I hope you choke on a cock.

Big Love
Vitamin E

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#2

I will sell everything I own with a Flames logo if that sack of shit comes anywhere near the Flames. That man ruined hockey.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#3

SWEET! Maybe we will like Minnesota again.
Reply
#4

I'm putting you to nit wits on ignore.

[SIZE="7"]Defense wins championships![/SIZE]






[SIZE="1"]Provided you make the playoffs[/SIZE]

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#5

I know it might seem like it, but winning is not everything. Hockey is an industry that thrives on spectatorship. No one likes to watch the Wild. It's crap hockey.
Reply
#6

Yay!! We scored a goal. Quick everyone, Stand on the blue line!!

Why is everybody leaving? We're winning?

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply
#7

Cucumber Wrote:I know it might seem like it, but winning is not everything. Hockey is an industry that thrives on spectatorship. No one likes to watch the Wild. It's crap hockey.

Minnesotans love hockey, regardless if it's 'crap hockey' or not. If you looking for fair weather fans set your sites on Chicago.

Wild have sold out every game in franchise history.

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#8

Winning isnt everything?

If you want to know why the US dominates this continent read this thread.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#9

BIRD33 Wrote:Winning isnt everything?

If you want to know why the US dominates this continent read this thread.

Maybe you should take a look at how hockey franchises are doing in the States.
Reply
#10

Vitamin E Wrote:Minnesotans love hockey, regardless if it's 'crap hockey' or not. If you looking for fair weather fans set your sites on Chicago.

Wild have sold out every game in franchise history.

Granted. But no one else likes watching them. There has also been some rumoured dissention in your ranks. Rumour has it, even the players are sick of trap hockey.
Reply
#11

Cucumber Wrote:Maybe you should take a look at how hockey franchises are doing in the States.


didnt New Jersey win a few cups with that style?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#12

BIRD33 Wrote:didnt New Jersey win a few cups with that style?

Yep, under the same coach. Do you wonder why it hasn't been working with Minnesota? I'm sure they are wondering.

There are obviously other ways to win the Cup.
Reply
#13

careful, cuke...the resident hockey expert has spoken. defiance will not be tolerated.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#14

Cucumber Wrote:Yep, under the same coach. Do you wonder why it hasn't been working with Minnesota? I'm sure they are wondering.

There are obviously other ways to win the Cup.

I just never got why people complain about a style of hockey if its not a full proof way to win.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#15

WoolyGoat Wrote:careful, cuke...the resident hockey expert has spoken. defiance will not be tolerated.


If Lee Harvey Oswald was from Boston you'd think of a way to justify him shooting Kennedy.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#16

I'm not surprised that you've got the entire kennedy assassination figured out too.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#17

WoolyGoat Wrote:I'm not surprised that you've got the entire kennedy assassination figured out too.


It was an example of your pathetic homerism.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#18

BIRD33 Wrote:I just never got why people complain about a style of hockey if its not a full proof way to win.

It's crappy to watch. IF it was working, then I'd probably shut up about it. As it is, it's crappy to watch AND it's not working.

And no, winning is not everything. Did winning the Cup in 04 save the Tampa Bay Lightening? People suddenly showed interest in the team? Notsomuch. Winning helps in places where people are already dedicated to hockey. Like E said, Minnesotans already like hockey - win or lose. But, if the style isn't helping them win, maybe it's time to rethink the strategy? Especially when even the players are sick of the style?

You've already said you don't like watching hockey. I think you would like it even less if you watched this style. No one really likes it.

Jacques Lemaire, a prominent advocate of the neutral zone trap] helped drag down the entertainment quotient in this league - Terry Frei
Reply
#19

I'm not sure any style of hockey will make the sport popular in Tampa Bay.Their baseball team didnt draw until they started winning and still struggles.Its a horrible sports town.

All sports have boring offenses or strategys that arent pretty to watch.Why doesnt the league do something if it truly hurts the game?It seems to me its akin to making the nets bigger to increase scoring.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#20

BIRD33 Wrote:I'm not sure any style of hockey will make the sport popular in Tampa Bay.Their baseball team didnt draw until they started winning and still struggles.Its a horrible sports town.

All sports have boring offenses or strategys that arent pretty to watch.Why doesnt the league do something if it truly hurts the game?It seems to me its akin to making the nets bigger to increase scoring.
Well, they did do something about it.

The trap, when combined with obstruction, developed into such an effective defensive system that the NHL implemented new rules during the 2004-05 players lockout. Because it is easier to trap when engaging in obstruction and restraining fouls, such as hooking and holding, the NHL ordered officials to call all obstruction penalties. The NHL also removed the two-line pass rule in an attempt to open up neutral zone play.

However, it is still used primarily in playoffs, but not by many teams.So, it's not a huge deal for the league to contend with. It's more a pity to watch than anything.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by who
04-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
03-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Last Post by Pickle
03-25-2009, 07:24 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)