Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Gillespie done at Kentucky?
#1

ESPN reporting that they are contemplating firing him.


Early front runners are Billy D, Pitno and Calipeiri (sp?)
Reply
#2

They have to give Guillespe one more year.I hear he's kind of a prick though.

Why would Pitino come back?Cal I can see.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

even if he wins the nit?? :roll:

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#4

how much would kentucky pay vs louisville or memphis?
Reply
#5

BIRD33 Wrote:They have to give Guillespe one more year.I hear he's kind of a prick though.

Why would Pitino come back?Cal I can see.

nice call, nostradumbass

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#6

snarg Wrote:nice call, nostradumbass

"They have to give"

It was a statement of my opinion not a prediction.No read good at Cornell?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

nice backpedal, playah

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#8

nice "you didn't call anything" worthless waste of bandwidth. why do you even post, mr. irrelevant?

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#9

i come here to read your brilliant posts, hick

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#10

then why not add something? that's right, you know dick...hick?

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#11

no, hick
as in midwest nebish

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#12

hick...an unsophisticated, boorish, and provincial person

that would be snarg

adjective: located in a rural or culturally unsophisticated area

also would be snarg

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#13

um, i think yer a bit late with that one, genius

maybe something of your own for all your fans?

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#14

bit late with what?

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#15

snarg Wrote:nice backpedal, playah

There is no possible way anyone with above a 6th grade education would read it the way you did.Unless that person has an unhealthy obsession with me.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#16

thanks for proving my point, hick

aren't you a little old for, "i'm rubber and you're glue?"

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#17

what point were you making snarg?

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#18

BIRD33 Wrote:There is no possible way anyone with above a 6th grade education would read it the way you did.Unless that person has an unhealthy obsession with me.

you forgot the jealous and bitter part, li'l guy

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#19

I guess if snarg isn't gonna add anything (per usual), I will...

I consider Seth Davis and Jay Bilas two guys who are in the know when it comes to college basketball, this being from Seth Davis:

What's next for Kentucky?

Let me start by saying, I never for a second believed that Billy Donovan was going there. I don't know why anyone would think that would happen after he went through this two years ago with the Magic job and Florida taking him back. The notion that a Donovan deal was done, which was why Kentucky got rid of Gillispie, was ridiculous because the notion Billy Donovan would negotiate with someone who already had a coach is absurd.

Another name that's been floated is Travis Ford -- I think he's a good coach, but the truth is he doesn't have a track record to prove it. Maybe he's the next John Wooden, but he hasn't been coaching that long.

My money is on John Calipari. The thing about him is he's done great things, but he's never been part of the club, he's never been inside the velvet ropes and I think this would be his chance. He's got a healthy ego and he knows if you win big at Kentucky that's the biggest win you can get. Also, if he can recruit well in Conference USA, he can recruit well in Kentucky -- but they have to come after him and make him feel wanted.

If not Calipari, then I'd say Rick Barnes, but right now we're all just guessing.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#20

I bet its Cal.Conference USA is a joke.Cal is a great recruiter and kentucky will allow him to get anyone but its still not a sure thing that Cal is a great coach.His best Umass team had its records erased because of recruiting violations.He shit the bed in the NBA and then lost last year to kansas in a game they should have won.His teams will be stacked so he might just overwhelm his way to a title but he's no lock on coaching his way to one.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JCW
05-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
12-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Last Post by Bill
10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Last Post by snarg
05-08-2005, 11:00 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)