Posts: 28,652
Threads: 4,420
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
ESPN reporting that they are contemplating firing him.
Early front runners are Billy D, Pitno and Calipeiri (sp?)
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
They have to give Guillespe one more year.I hear he's kind of a prick though.
Why would Pitino come back?Cal I can see.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
even if he wins the nit?? :roll:
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 2,743
Threads: 103
Joined: Jul 2005
Reputation:
0
how much would kentucky pay vs louisville or memphis?
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:They have to give Guillespe one more year.I hear he's kind of a prick though.
Why would Pitino come back?Cal I can see.
nice call, nostradumbass
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
nice backpedal, playah
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
nice "you didn't call anything" worthless waste of bandwidth. why do you even post, mr. irrelevant?
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
i come here to read your brilliant posts, hick
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
then why not add something? that's right, you know dick...hick?
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
no, hick
as in midwest nebish
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
hick...an unsophisticated, boorish, and provincial person
that would be snarg
adjective: located in a rural or culturally unsophisticated area
also would be snarg
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
um, i think yer a bit late with that one, genius
maybe something of your own for all your fans?
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
bit late with what?
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
thanks for proving my point, hick
aren't you a little old for, "i'm rubber and you're glue?"
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
what point were you making snarg?
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:There is no possible way anyone with above a 6th grade education would read it the way you did.Unless that person has an unhealthy obsession with me.
you forgot the jealous and bitter part, li'l guy
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 16,012
Threads: 1,685
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
I guess if snarg isn't gonna add anything (per usual), I will...
I consider Seth Davis and Jay Bilas two guys who are in the know when it comes to college basketball, this being from Seth Davis:
What's next for Kentucky?
Let me start by saying, I never for a second believed that Billy Donovan was going there. I don't know why anyone would think that would happen after he went through this two years ago with the Magic job and Florida taking him back. The notion that a Donovan deal was done, which was why Kentucky got rid of Gillispie, was ridiculous because the notion Billy Donovan would negotiate with someone who already had a coach is absurd.
Another name that's been floated is Travis Ford -- I think he's a good coach, but the truth is he doesn't have a track record to prove it. Maybe he's the next John Wooden, but he hasn't been coaching that long.
My money is on John Calipari. The thing about him is he's done great things, but he's never been part of the club, he's never been inside the velvet ropes and I think this would be his chance. He's got a healthy ego and he knows if you win big at Kentucky that's the biggest win you can get. Also, if he can recruit well in Conference USA, he can recruit well in Kentucky -- but they have to come after him and make him feel wanted.
If not Calipari, then I'd say Rick Barnes, but right now we're all just guessing.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I bet its Cal.Conference USA is a joke.Cal is a great recruiter and kentucky will allow him to get anyone but its still not a sure thing that Cal is a great coach.His best Umass team had its records erased because of recruiting violations.He shit the bed in the NBA and then lost last year to kansas in a game they should have won.His teams will be stacked so he might just overwhelm his way to a title but he's no lock on coaching his way to one.
See You In Toledo