Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS YOU CAN KEEP
#21

Cucumber Wrote:Overindulging in food is not nearly as bad as smoking. Come on, we're not talking about the heffers that appear on the TV. Most people will say they could stand to lose anywhere from 5 to 25 pounds. If I was 25 pounds over weight and I smoked, I'd still attack the smoking first. It's way more detrimental than being a tad overweight.

The reason they say not to tackle both at the same time is because people will often fail at one, and then feel like a failure, so give up on the 2nd. If you feel you can do both at the same time, all the power to you, but for most people, success is enhanced by climbing one mountian at a time.

And I'm sorry, but caring for a child is not considered exercise. I've tried that one. :d
you might as well be discussing this with a hockey puck, nanner.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#22

edit: cuker

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#23

Can I drop Kevin off at your house? You'll lose all the weight you need, I promise you that. When Kevin plays hockey, I'm on the blades, when he's on the bike, I'm on the bike... when he's out back shootin hoops, I'm right there with him. Keep in mind that it's summer year round here so I have a lot more out door time then the rest who have to sit through winter. but I can truthfully say that having a child in my case really is a method of staying fit... for me.
Reply
#24

And no doubt you'll be prominently involved when he loses his virginity.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#25

WoolyGoat Wrote:i hate going to the gym in january...overcrowded with resolutioners.

WoolyGoat hanging from gravity boots trying to make himself taller.

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#26

Paddy Wrote:And no doubt you'll be prominently involved when he loses his virginity.

I've got a long way to go for that one.
Reply
#27

Running after a kid can be good exercise. My problem is that I was on steroids for a bone marrow disease and put on some additional weight from that. Now that I'm off of them, it should be relatively easy. As far as the smoking- that will be the difficult feat, but I've done it before so I feel pretty confident.
Reply
#28

I wish you the best Bam, I know you'll do great. Do you have any kind of support system or friends you can count on?

I know about the steroid thing, my son takes them every now and then when his lungs deplete. He's gained a lot for a 9 year old and struggles with the extra weight afterwards.
Reply
#29

pineschic Wrote:I wish you the best Bam, I know you'll do great. Do you have any kind of support system or friends you can count on?

I know about the steroid thing, my son takes them every now and then when his lungs deplete. He's gained a lot for a 9 year old and struggles with the extra weight afterwards.

Thanks! I've had to do the steroids off and on pretty much all of my life, so I'm used to it. Not much of a support system or anything, but I'm pretty good at accomplishing goals.
Reply
#30

"get out of my Gym, New years resolutioners!"

[Image: tiny-weight-lifter.jpg]

See You In Toledo
Reply
#31

Perfect partner for Paddy!
Reply
#32

I guess that wasnt funny enough for them.. LOL
Reply
#33

I've decided my resolution will be to eat better this year.I play basketball 3 times a week so I'm in shape but not as much as I could be because I eat like crap.I'm always on the road eating in diners or don't feel like cooking when I get home.Whats a simple low calorie thing to eat besides my stand by of soap and crackers?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#34

BIRD33 Wrote:I've decided my resolution will be to eat better this year.I play basketball 3 times a week so I'm in shape but not as much as I could be because I eat like crap.I'm always on the road eating in diners or don't feel like cooking when I get home.Whats a simple low calorie thing to eat besides my stand by of soap and crackers?

If you are excercising, you don't need to think low calorie. You need to think low fat/healthy fat.

Do you like salmon or tuna?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#35

Cucumber Wrote:If you are excercising, you don't need to think low calorie. You need to think low fat/healthy fat.

Do you like salmon or tuna?


I like tuna.I try to stick with chicken or that as my meat.I work the George Forman grill with chicken breasts all the time.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#36

BIRD33 Wrote:I like tuna.I try to stick with chicken or that as my meat.I work the George Forman grill with chicken breasts all the time.

If you're like me and don't like to cook (or can't cook), Lean Cuisine etc make some decent meals.
Reply
#37

I can't go to the register with Lean cuisine and feel like a man afterwards.Sorry.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#38

A grilled piece of chicken or fish on a salad or rice is always a good meal.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#39

BIRD33 Wrote:I can't go to the register with Lean cuisine and feel like a man afterwards.Sorry.

Let them think it's for your girlfriend or something- throw a 6 pack of beer in there and they won't think anything of it
Reply
#40

bam Wrote:Let them think it's for your girlfriend or something- throw a 6 pack of beer in there and they won't think anything of it

yea I'll buy tampons with it.That will make me feel like a real man.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by leeman
09-11-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
06-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Last Post by Banana
01-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
06-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Last Post by who
04-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
02-03-2009, 07:58 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)