Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Who here smokes cock?
#1

currently, never or reformed?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#2

Never.My parents smoked enough in my presence during my childhood to last me a lifetime.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

i smoke
it makes me a social outcast in the US
i don't care

no one gives it a second thought out of the country

the warning on cigs in mexico is basically "smoking will kill you"

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#4

I'm a reformed smoker. As a smoker, I was always one of those people that others hated because I could have one or two a week, and never crave it.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#5

Smoking really is a disgusting habit.I dated a girl for years who did and because of my parents I thought it was normal.After a couple of years away from it I can't believe I put up with breathing that crap in like it was no big deal.Can you name a habit that has bigger downsides than that one?I'm amazed when people I know start.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

BIRD33 Wrote:Smoking really is a disgusting habit.I dated a girl for years who did and because of my parents I thought it was normal.After a couple of years away from it I can't believe I put up with breathing that crap in like it was no big deal.Can you name a habit that has bigger downsides than that one?I'm amazed when people I know start.

It's downright awful. I still smoke, on occassion, and hate myself for it every time. My mom used to smoke in the car and REFUSE to unroll the windows. We sat in her little smoker hot box often.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#7

BIRD33 Wrote:Can you name a habit that has bigger downsides than that one?I'm amazed when people I know start.

Eh, I can think of a few. Mostly illegal mind you.

I'm a smoker, but I don't really enjoy it anymore. It is pretty gross.

I think that alcohol should also have warnings on it, like cigarettes do, though. Not that those warnings really phase anyone, though.
Reply
#8

My parents too.I remember 5 of us sitting in the station wagon while both parents smoked like a chimney with the windows up.Thats freaking child abuse nowadays.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#9

BIRD33 Wrote:My parents too.I remember 5 of us sitting in the station wagon while both parents smoked like a chimney with the windows up.Thats freaking child abuse nowadays.

No shit. They almost passed a bill here that allowed you to be charged with child neglect if you were smoking in a car with them.

Alcohol is usually only bad in large doses. The same can't be said about smoking.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#10

i am a very courteous smoker

we just got together as a family for the first time in about 30 years
my mom offered me an ashtray yesterday and i told her she must have lost her mind
my brother would have had a stroke if i had lit up inside the house, even tho it is not his house (self-righteous prick)
never once smoked in the car with my bro and sister, tho i rented the car and have let people get out if they don't like it
at the restaurant i leave the table and go to the bar or outside
this really breaks my heart :roll: that i get to get away from the rest of them

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#11

I don't mind if people smoke around me, but I sure am glad there is no smoking allowed in restaurants and bars anymore.

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#12

oh, boo-fucking-hoo, your parents smoked
eat shit and die, all you whiners

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#13

apple Wrote:Eh, I can think of a few. Mostly illegal mind you.

I'm a smoker, but I don't really enjoy it anymore. It is pretty gross.

I think that alcohol should also have warnings on it, like cigarettes do, though. Not that those warnings really phase anyone, though.

Masturbating with a belt tied around your neck might be a more disgusting habit but for me its a lifestyle.

Alcohol has ruined more lives than all drugs put together but its big business and a social lubricate so we all turn the other way when people bring that up.

I do think those warnings help.Not on the packages but the constant harping on kids does have an effect.My nephews see a cigarette and start pointing and saying they are going to kill themselves.Not sure how if that helps in the long run but its a better example than we had with our parents glamorizing it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#14

snarg Wrote:oh, boo-fucking-hoo, your parents smoked
eat shit and die, all you whiners

christ snarg, you are a parent. Do you endorse it? Would you teach your daughter how to smoke?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#15

snarg Wrote:oh, boo-fucking-hoo, your parents smoked
eat shit and die, all you whiners

Should have been you, snarg.Should have been you.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#16

Banana Wrote:christ snarg, you are a parent. Do you endorse it? Would you teach your daughter how to smoke?


my father quit smocking (sup, N?) when the very first report came out
by the way he smoked kent
did you know the "micronite filter" was asbestos? hahahahaha
my mother began smoking about two weeks later
she had never had a cig before in her life

can you figger out why it was 30 yrs without a family get-together
my daughter hates smokers and smoking
i will outlive you all, smoking or not

oh, yeah, did you read the other shite i spewed??


and there are warnings when you go in bars, in the US about the dangers of drinking
they also are at the entry doors to casinos

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply
#17

Oh I do agree the warnings help with Children and deterring them. But thinking they would make smokers want to quit is a little naive. None of us are stupid enough that we don't know what it's doing to us.

I do think it's good that they're making everything a lot less accommodating for smokers.
Reply
#18

Anyone smoke Menthols?They were especially disgusting and I never got the appeal.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#19

snarg Wrote:my father quit smocking (sup, N?) when the very first report came out
by the way he smoked kent
did you know the "micronite filter" was asbestos? hahahahaha
my mother began smoking about two weeks later
she had never had a cig before in her life

can you figger out why it was 30 yrs without a family get-together
my daughter hates smokers and smoking
i will outlive you all, smoking or not

oh, yeah, did you read the other shite i spewed??


and there are warnings when you go in bars, in the US about the dangers of drinking
they also are at the entry doors to casinos


Why don't you quit smoking?

Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Reply
#20

Vit E is too non-committal to get addicted to cigarette.

I do enjoy the buzz whilst drinking though.

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by PinesChic
01-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Last Post by Vitamin E
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
07-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Last Post by ntype
05-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Last Post by ntype
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)