Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Catch a big squid? Kill it and put it on the boat...
#1

[Image: nzl80202220630.h2.jpg]

This huge squid was caught in early February in the Ross Sea off Antarctica. It was weighed at 990 pounds, which if confirmed on shore would break the earlier record by 330 pounds.



Also...The fishermen were catching Patagonian toothfish, sold under the name Chilean sea bass, south of New Zealand "and the squid was eating a hooked toothfish when it was hauled from the deep," Anderton said in a statement.


so there is no such thing as Chilean Sea Bass or is that toothfish like imitation crab meat?
Reply
#2

There is no such thing as "Chilean Sea Bass". That is a made up name to make it sound more appealing to consumers.
Reply
#3

HMMMMMM Wrote:There is no such thing as "Kick his ass, Sea Bass". That is a made up name to make it sound more appealing to consumers.

Feext

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#4

I love grilled calamari

cLaY Wrote:Knick-Knack Paddy's Whack, suckin' TF's Bone...

BIRD33 Wrote:You know who would be hilarious in a thread with this type of situation going on?Paddy.

BIRD33 Wrote:I was battling with the mods just like everyone else.
Reply
#5

Vitamin E Wrote:Feext


Now tell me what was on Sea Bass's Hat and I will be impressed. No googling, please.
Reply
#6

[Image: PicturesSummary.cfm?ID=467&what=species]

that is an ugly fish
Reply
#7

Paddy Wrote:I love grilled calamari


I see what you did there.

Fact of the day:

The reason that the English language has two different words for animals vs food is the result of the Norman Conquest of England. The Normans spoke French and as a result the nobilty of England spoke French for about 300 years. During that time "higher" subjects such as fashion and cuisine were mostly discussed in French, while "lower" subjects such as farming and animal husbandry were spoken in English. Hence the two different terms (i.e. Cow=Beef, Chicken=Poultry, etc.)
Reply
#8

HMMMMMM Wrote:Now tell me what was on Sea Bass's Hat and I will be impressed. No googling, please.


Wine 'em
Dine 'em
Sixty-nine 'em
Reply
#9

minorthreat Wrote:Wine 'em
Dine 'em
Sixty-nine 'em


Well done.
Reply
#10

HMMMMMM Wrote:Well done.

He totally googled.

Jimmy - The old Hardcore Standard. :clap:
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by leeman
05-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Last Post by Pickle
02-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Last Post by Michman
01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Last Post by BIRD33
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)