Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I have a Mark Mcguire rookie card that was worth $400 at one time.I held onto it so I could sell it when he went in the Hall of fame.Call me Gordon Gecko.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I would have bet 10,000 he was a lock for the HOF ten years ago.
See You In Toledo
Posts: 8,184
Threads: 386
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I have a slew of cards (in excess of 25,000) from the early 70's to early 80's. My prized possessions are Pete Rose and Johnny Bench rookies. My favorite to look at is the White Sox team card, where they were wearing their team shorts. I have never priced out the collection.
I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?
Posts: 8,184
Threads: 386
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:I dont think so.The writers won't vote him in and the old school players who didnt use steriods arent going to cut him any breaks.Same with Palmerio and Sosa.
I have heard Bench say a number of times in the last few weeks that there is no reason in his mind not to vote him in. He mentioned that if he gets kept out, it won't be do to the players vote.
I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?
Posts: 8,184
Threads: 386
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
BIRD33 Wrote:I think you'll see a backlash of bitter players.Mcguire took money out of other players pockets by cheating.
I think Canseco has been the best source on this so far, and he has intimated that over 50% of guys were using (I call it cheating to, but since it was not against the rules at the time, just the law, it is not really cheating).
I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?