Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

So we set up the babys room this weekend...
#1

I guess I stored all my baseball cards there when we moved into the house. I probably have 10,000 or so cards in there.


Boy is that an investment that'll payoff! Rolleyes
Reply
#2

I have a Mark Mcguire rookie card that was worth $400 at one time.I held onto it so I could sell it when he went in the Hall of fame.Call me Gordon Gecko.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#3

BIRD33 Wrote:I have a Mark Mcguire rookie card that was worth $400 at one time.I held onto it so I could sell it when he went in the Hall of fame.Call me Gordon Gecko.


I had some unopened packs from that year... when I realized his rookie could be in it I opened them and landed a McGwire rookie. I was so excited that I sent it to PSA (a card grading company) and dropped the $40 extra to get it graded. It would have easily went for $400 or more back then..

not anymore.
Reply
#4

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-1985-Topps-Mark-Mc...dZViewItem

FUCK!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-Topps-Mark-McGw...dZViewItem

SHIT!

My problem now is do I actually waste time searching through these things and trying to make any money off of ebay on them...
Reply
#5

I would have bet 10,000 he was a lock for the HOF ten years ago.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#6

Anhil8tor Wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/2-1985-Topps-Mark-Mc...dZViewItem

FUCK!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-Topps-Mark-McGw...dZViewItem

SHIT!

My problem now is do I actually waste time searching through these things and trying to make any money off of ebay on them...


Motherfucking depressing.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#7

BIRD33 Wrote:I would have bet 10,000 he was a lock for the HOF ten years ago.


I think he will get in..

not on the first ballot though
Reply
#8

Anhil8tor Wrote:I think he will get in..

not on the first ballot though

I dont think so.The writers won't vote him in and the old school players who didnt use steriods arent going to cut him any breaks.Same with Palmerio and Sosa.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#9

I have a slew of cards (in excess of 25,000) from the early 70's to early 80's. My prized possessions are Pete Rose and Johnny Bench rookies. My favorite to look at is the White Sox team card, where they were wearing their team shorts. I have never priced out the collection.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#10

BIRD33 Wrote:I dont think so.The writers won't vote him in and the old school players who didnt use steriods arent going to cut him any breaks.Same with Palmerio and Sosa.

I have heard Bench say a number of times in the last few weeks that there is no reason in his mind not to vote him in. He mentioned that if he gets kept out, it won't be do to the players vote.

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply
#11

SanDog Wrote:I have heard Bench say a number of times in the last few weeks that there is no reason in his mind not to vote him in. He mentioned that if he gets kept out, it won't be do to the players vote.

I think you'll see a backlash of bitter players.Mcguire took money out of other players pockets by cheating.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#12

BIRD33 Wrote:I think you'll see a backlash of bitter players.Mcguire took money out of other players pockets by cheating.

I think Canseco has been the best source on this so far, and he has intimated that over 50% of guys were using (I call it cheating to, but since it was not against the rules at the time, just the law, it is not really cheating).

I know what you're thinking now. You think we're all gay, don't you? Think we're all just a bunch of deviant lifestyle-living same-sex having motherfuckers, am I right?


Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anhil8tor
08-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Last Post by snarg
06-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Last Post by phantom
05-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Last Post by phantom
02-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)