Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cool Old Rock Stars vs Not Cool Old Rock Stars
#21

BIRD33 Wrote:Bowies a legend.Bon Jovi is a chick band.
Bowie is an honest to god dick sucking fag.
Reply
#22

Cool: Tommy Lee
Not Cool: Geddy Lee

leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Reply
#23

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Bowie is an honest to god dick sucking fag.

So's half of all musicians.You like the stones I bet?Jagger and Bowie fucked each other.I'm not even that big a fan of Bowie but comparing him to Bon Jovi musically is a joke.Bon Jovi is a pretty boy faggot and thats his only appeal.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#24

Cool: Rod Stewart

Not Cool: The guy that broke up with Heather Lockleer (Zambora?)
Reply
#25

BIRD33 Wrote:So's half of all musicians.You like the stones I bet?Jagger and Bowie fucked each other.I'm not even that big a fan of Bowie but comparing him to Bon Jovi musically is a joke.Bon Jovi is a pretty boy faggot and thats his only appeal.

I'm not a big fan of Jagger either. I could never stand Bowie because he came off as such a fag. He might seriously have some good music, I don't know. I could never get past the semen running down his chin.

I'm not comparing him to Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi is probably the only hair band member (besides Tommy Lee) to survive. He just cut a country song that is pretty decent. I heard him on the radio a few weeks ago pushing it and he was funny. I couldn't tell you a single song he has ever had, though.
Reply
#26

Cool: Neil Young

Not Cool: Tom Petty
Reply
#27

ClayRock Wrote:Cool: Neil Young

Not Cool: Tom Petty

Hey, speaking of Neil Young, why did Lynyrd Skynyrd have a song "Sweet Home Alabama" that started off:

Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Southland
I miss Alabamy once again
And I think its a sin, yes

Well I heard mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

What was that about?
Reply
#28

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Hey, speaking of Neil Young, why did Lynyrd Skynyrd have a song "Sweet Home Alabama" that started off:

Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Southland
I miss Alabamy once again
And I think its a sin, yes

Well I heard mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

What was that about?

drunk southern ramblings? i have no idea, their music sucks.
Reply
#29

Cool: Willie Nelson

Not Cool: Peter Gabrielle
Reply
#30

One of the verses is an attack on Neil Young: "I hope Neil Young will remember a southern man don't need him around anyhow." Young had written songs like "Southern Man" and "Alabama," which implied that people in the Southern US were racist and stuck in the past. Skynyrd responded with this, a song about Southern pride and all the good things in Alabama. The feud between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young was always good-natured fun. They were actually big fans of each other. Ronnie Van Zant often wore Neil Young T-shirts on stage and is wearing one on the cover of Street Survivors, the last Skynyrd album before his death.
Reply
#31

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Cool: Willie Nelson

Not Cool: Peter Gabrielle

i'm a big Peter Gabrielle fan...

Cool: Paul Simon

Not Cool: Art Garfunkel
Reply
#32

ClayRock Wrote:drunk southern ramblings? i have no idea, their music sucks.
Nevermind.
Reply
#33

ClayRock Wrote:One of the verses is an attack on Neil Young: "I hope Neil Young will remember a southern man don't need him around anyhow." Young had written songs like "Southern Man" and "Alabama," which implied that people in the Southern US were racist and stuck in the past. Skynyrd responded with this, a song about Southern pride and all the good things in Alabama. The feud between Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young was always good-natured fun. They were actually big fans of each other. Ronnie Van Zant often wore Neil Young T-shirts on stage and is wearing one on the cover of Street Survivors, the last Skynyrd album before his death.
Fuck, I was reading when you posted this.
Reply
#34

i fucking hate Lynard Skynard. i'm glad all their band members died/are dying...fucking racist fucks.
Reply
#35

ClayRock Wrote:i fucking hate Lynard Skynard. i'm glad all their band members died/are dying...fucking racist fucks.
Wow.
Reply
#36

Free Bird is a great song.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#37

I can't remember Lynyrd Skynyrd singing anything racist. And yes, Free Bird is a great song.
Reply
#38

I don't think I'm quallified to talk about Skynyrd.
Reply
#39

Shenanigans Wrote:I don't think I'm quallified to talk about Skynyrd.
Why?
Reply
#40

Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:Why?

The remaining members used to play at a fishcamp on friday nights about 5 minutes from my homestead in freakville. We used to tool on over and drink and stuff....My opinions would be biasised simply for the fond teenage, drunk fucking in the backseat, memories they bring back.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fairiedust
10-30-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post by Vitamin E
04-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Last Post by PinesChic
04-03-2009, 01:11 AM
Last Post by PinesChic
02-20-2009, 04:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)