Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Vick done for 2007
#81

This one is cute. The mother was just as fucked up.


Former NFL player, wife charged with child abuse

By RON WORD, Associated Press Writer
April 21, 2006

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Former NFL offensive guard Rich Tylski and his wife were accused of hitting their adopted daughter with a belt, slamming her head on a table and other abuse that left the girl with broken bones in her hands and leg.

The 35-year-old Tylski and wife Jane, 36, were free on $20,000 bond each on the child abuse and neglect charges. They were released Wednesday after turning themselves in. A message left on their home answering machine wasn't immediately returned, and it was unclear whether they had lawyers.

Tylski spent nine seasons in the NFL, playing in 95 games with the Jaguars, Steelers and Panthers before retiring after the 2004 season.

The child, whose age and name weren't released, was taken to a Jacksonville hospital March 10 for a fractured right thigh bone. Her parents said she had fallen down the stairs about eight hours earlier.

Doctors found extensive bruising in various stages of healing. A skeletal survey found six or seven healing fractures in the child's hand, the police report stated.

The girl later told investigators that she lied about falling down the stairs and she demonstrated on a doll how her mother had pushed her leg over her head until they heard a pop, the report said. The report also stated that Rich Tylski said he had hit the child with a belt.

The Department of Children & Families told police the girl missed 14 days of school from October to March.

During an interview on March 24, the child told investigators that her mother slammed her head on the table when she wouldn't eat. She said both parents hit her. She said a scar on her forehead was from her mother slamming her head into the table, but denied her mother hurt her leg, the police report said.

In a second interview April 3, the girl described how her mother would bend her fingers backward.

All Pro Dad, which promotes active fatherhood, listed Tylski as an NFL player involved with the organization on its Web site. A call to its Tampa office was not immediately returned.

A call to the DCF about the case was not immediately returned.
__________________
Reply
#82

I don't see the comparison.

1-The women didnt die.

2-The guy was out of football when this happened.

3-People of all professions beat their wives.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#83

There are more NFL players in the news/convicted of drug related/violent crimes than any other profession. I think they are brought up from a very young age to aggresive and violent. It's how they get good at what they do.

I also think they have a hard time shelving it and should be offered some help with it.
Reply
#84

Blondie Wrote:There are more NFL players in the news/convicted of drug related/violent crimes than any other profession. I think they are brought up from a very young age to aggresive and violent. It's how they get good at what they do.

I also think they have a hard time shelving it and should be offered some help with it.
They're in the news because they're famous.

"Data Analyst Beats Wife" wouldn't sell many papers.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#85

Where are all the famous golfers the beat their wives?
Reply
#86

Maybe because they don't televise the arrests of used car salesmen or bankers.

I'm sure aggression and steriods have negative effects on a marriage but to say they get arrested more than any other proffession is a stretch.NFL'ers get DUI's mostly but what proffession doesnt?Its hyped up in your head because its in the news.Its social problem not an sports problem.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#87

WoolyGoat Wrote:They're in the news because they're famous.

"Data Analyst Beats Wife" wouldn't sell many papers.


Exactly.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#88

Blondie Wrote:Where are all the famous golfers the beat their wives?


There have been some.Whens the last time you read golf digest?Shit like that doesnt make the main stream media.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#89

Doesn't a few former QBs have sons with birth defects?
Reply
#90

Blondie Wrote:There are more NFL players in the news/convicted of drug related/violent crimes than any other profession. I think they are brought up from a very young age to aggresive and violent. It's how they get good at what they do.

I also think they have a hard time shelving it and should be offered some help with it.

if you don't shut the fuck up about this I'm gonna beat your ass. know your place
Reply
#91

what? Wrote:if you don't shut the fuck up about this I'm gonna beat your ass. know your place

Why don't you just kill my dog instead? Sad
Reply
#92

This guy was an idiot long before the dog scandal.
Reply
#93

Blondie Wrote:Why don't you just kill my dog instead? Sad

the folks here might judge me


plus I like dogs
Reply
#94

More athletes in the NFL than other sports = better chance for NFL athlete to break the law.

Its publicized because they're famous.

When will Blondie stop trying to be relevant?

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#95

Scratch the vick to the canadian football league...


you are not allowed to play canadian football with a felony.
Reply
#96

[Image: rocky5.jpg]

looks like they have good uses of his wares
Reply
#97

BIRD33 Wrote:I love how he's still getting paid.

I can't imagine how Atlanta could deal with all the protesters that would show up if he was allowed to play.It would just be an ugly scene for the NFL.

Emmit Smith thinks he's being unfairly targeted.So was Nate Newton.

Over under on how many games vick plays the rest of his career-24

He'll go to prison for two or three years and will have to serve some type of suspension from the NFL when he gets out.

He'll never play for the Falcons again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3134816


Vicks going to get at least 2 years.Why do I even read the papers.I should just assume the news.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#98

I bet the falcons want to get outta that contract.
Reply
#99

BIRD33 Wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3134816


Vicks going to get at least 2 years.Why do I even read the papers.I should just assume the news.
23 months.

can't really give the bird boy 100% credit on this one.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply

Please.23 is close.Vick will only serve 18 months after good behavior.He'll be back starting for the 49ers in 2011 season.

Its time for you to give 8 his due on the title of this thread, wooley.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)