12-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Anhil8tor Wrote:Nationwide? No.
Here in Louisiana. Yes.
He has been vilified for not letting our people go back to work. The main focus was the governments inability to progress toward capping it. They had no idea what to do and BP ended up fixing it themselves.
Wasnt it BP's responsibility to cap the leak the whole time?It was their leak after all.Nobody thinks of it as the governments failure to cap it.Nobody.I love how you frame it like BP was the hero.Thats good stuff right there.
I can see what you're saying about people in the state being pissed about not working.Their livelihoods are more important to them than doing the responsible thing.I'm sure the people who made asbestos were pissed the government outlawed it.Not saying oil is asbestos but after reading that article its pretty obvious that BP had no real safety procedures for what actually happened down there.It was the right thing to do to halt everything because its blatantly obvious you can't trust a corporation to tell the truth about safety when profits are at stake.
See You In Toledo

