03-25-2009, 06:27 PM
BIRD33 Wrote:It was only maybe a year ago.I think its the hadrion collider(sp).It is supposed to smash smash particles together to create unseen before reactions and possibly create a mini black hole that could tear the earth apart.I think its main purpose is to help understand things like string theory and other related physics questions.
Yeah, it was the super collider. No, it was at least 10 or 15 years ago. They were buildling it in Waxahachie, Texas. Because I remember the old company I worked for had a contract for it. They got paid millions to start and then millions more to undo what they had done. Ended up about 1/2 built and then abandoned because they wouldn't fund it anymore.
Now there may have been another one built a year ago or so, but I just remember that one. No one knew what the fuck it was for.

