03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
BIRD33 Wrote:I've followed this for a while and have seen the false reports of people making a breakthrough in the past.My question is the phrase "US Navy Scientists" describing who made this possible breakthrough.Doesnt it seem odd that we would rush to claim we discovered this?I kind of hope when our government comes up with a new technology it holds it back a few years before announcing it so we have time to get way ahead of the curve on it.
Well, I'm not sure that these earlier "false reports" were intentionally leaked knowing they were false. I think these scientiests genuinely think they have solved the problem, only to later find out that they missed something or jumped the gun on the findings. But, I think in the scientific community, they would rather people do that, and get it out there so that the other labs can work off of their successes and/or failures.
I really hope they have solved it. But as simple as they always make it sound, it must be very very complex.

