01-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Flumper Barflusterbutt Wrote:I laid off my first employees on Monday of this week. Only 7, but that was the hardest thing I have ever done. Sitting there with my partner and two foreman with all these names on a board and who we get rid of, who we keep, where we move people. Made me think how impersonal it all is. Just the mood of the moment could cost one person a job and keep another one less deserving.
Sucked. I hope I don't have to ever do that again.
Friday the 17th I laid off 6 employees, Friday the 24th I laid off 4 more. Now this Friday I have to let 10 more go. I'm dreading tomorrow. It takes everything I have inside to not cry when talking to each one of them. Over the past year I have let well over 50 employees go. it hurt me each time and it took a lot out of me. I feel for you.

