01-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Cucumber Wrote:Absolutely! And you never know "who" you are going to get from one moment to the next. I got to the point where middle of the night phone calls would make me shake immediately, because I knew it was her, phoning to tell me goodbye. Eventually, it's just like "OK! BYE!" cause you get so sick of the drama. It was getting to the point where my mental health was suffering because of hers.
Oddly enough, around the time that she was attempting every few months, I was volunteering as a suicide intervention crisis worker. :S
How is it that you are familiar with BPD, if I may ask?
BPD of course affects the person that has it tremendously, but the people around that person suffer just as much, if not more because of the feelings of helplessness and uncertainty.
I think the things we go through in life shape a lot of what we choose to do in our lives- a lot of people with mental health issues or who have dealt with a family member with mental health issues end up working in the mental health field.
My dad has BPD (untreated). I also have BPD (treated).

