Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I made chicken and dumplings Sunday...
#12

Anhil8tor Wrote:post your recipe!

I'm doing gumbo this weekend $$$

Need:
1 whole cut up chicken
3 cans of cheap buttermilk biscuits.
about 1/2 gallon of whole milk.

Get a large pot, dump in one whole cut up chicken and put enough water in to cover the chicken. Add some salt and pepper.

Boil chicken until done. Remove the chicken, drain and let it cool. Leave water in the pot. Add enough milk to basically double the liquid in the pan. Stir and cook on low heat until it begins to slightly boil.

Buy two or three cans (depending on size) of the cheapest buttermilk biscuits you can find. Don't get flaky or fancy biscuits. Cut the biscuits into 1/3's. Once the milk/water is really hot, drop in a few biscuits at a time. Don't add them all at once. Let them cook a few minutes before adding more. You will think its too many, but they cook down.

When all of the biscuits are in, continue to cook on low heat until all of the biscuits have sunk.

Debone and deskin the chicken when its cool enough that you can do it without burning yourself. Once biscuits/dumplings are cooking good, add chicken back to pot.

Salt and pepper to taste (I like it salty with lots of pepper).

You will know its done when you can wipe some of the juice on BIRD33's forehead and he beats his brains out with his tongue. Thanks.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Flumper Barflusterbutt - 01-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Flumper Barflusterbutt - 01-28-2008, 06:52 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by BIRD33 - 01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Flumper Barflusterbutt - 01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by BIRD33 - 01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Anhil8tor - 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Banana - 01-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by WoolyGoat - 01-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Anhil8tor - 01-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Paddy - 01-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Anhil8tor - 01-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Flumper Barflusterbutt - 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Clarissa - 01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Sassy - 01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Clarissa - 01-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Flumper Barflusterbutt - 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Clarissa - 01-28-2008, 10:02 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by leeman_vbulletin4_import1 - 01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Paddy - 01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Anhil8tor - 01-28-2008, 11:54 PM
I made chicken and dumplings Sunday... - by Flumper Barflusterbutt - 01-29-2008, 12:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
01-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Last Post by Blondie
05-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Last Post by BIRD33
02-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Last Post by Blondie
01-22-2010, 03:41 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)