Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

College basketball thread

I always confuse Anthony Mason with the X man.

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:I always confuse Anthony Mason with the X man.

*cough* i leave for Houston tomorrow afternoon at 3 *cough*

i miss KU's one win in the tourney this year, witness their exit, and now I'm going to Houston to see Duke play? this is bizarro cLaY world....

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply

Its destiny.I don't think you come back a KU fan.

What are tickets running?

See You In Toledo
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:Its destiny.I don't think you come back a KU fan.

What are tickets running?

130 a ticket, field baseline. May not stay for Sunday's games. Grandmother is a Baylor grad. She got dibs on tickets. Buddy of mine is a Dookie.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:Cornell +9 vs Kentucky

WV -4 vs Washington

K St. -5 Vs Xavier McDaniel

Mich St -1 vs. N Iowa

OH St. -5 vs. Tenn

St Marys +4.5 vs Baylor

Duke -8.5 vs Purdue

Cuse -6.5 vs Butler

you think cornell can stay that close to kentucky??
wow, i'll be surprised

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

They will win if the scores stay under 75.

See You In Toledo
Reply

I can see it playing out the way KU vs. UNI did. Fundamental team vs. "we're better than everyone" team...Cornell matches up all over the floor very well.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply

University of Iowa interested in KU assistant Joe Dooley. Internet reports of course, not sure how reliable.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply

Maybe he can be the guy that gets Iowa bounced early from the tournament.

Hello.

See You In Toledo
Reply

I think Ralph Miller and Lute Olsen both coached there. Lew Perkins, our AD went to school there. Back in the 70s during UCLAs heyday, Iowa was their second fiddle.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply

hard to imagine an ivy in the elite 8
that would be incredible
i guess i should watch the game, haven't seen any yet
pretty busy lately
thanks for the analysis, lads
i reckon if you both are covering your asses the big red actually have a shot

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

snarg Wrote:hard to imagine an ivy in the elite 8
that would be incredible
i guess i should watch the game, haven't seen any yet
pretty busy lately
thanks for the analysis, lads
i reckon if you both are covering your asses the big red actually have a shot

I believe I called them winning two games

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply

cLaY Wrote:I believe I called them winning two games

i thought they might beat temple and go home
if they can stay within ten of a number one seed??
wow

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

thanks cuse...

i'm done
Reply

Wackiest year in the history of the tourney. I don't feel quite as bad anymore, sort of.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply

You should feel more terrible.Automatic championship game for KU if they beat Ohio State.I'm sure beating a K St.team they already beat I think twice already would be tough.

Dukes beating baylor or st marys.Sorry Clays nana.I like Dukes chances against a young Kentucky team where they have the experience factor.

See You In Toledo
Reply

How bad was Cornell's offense last night?They scored like 8 points in between the 15 and 2 minute mark of the first half.

classic game with Xavier.

See You In Toledo
Reply

Could we get G Henderson back for just a couple of games?
Reply

BIRD33 Wrote:How bad was Cornell's offense last night?They scored like 8 points in between the 15 and 2 minute mark of the first half.

classic game with Xavier.


the first few minutes were fun for me
it was clear even then that UK was gonna have an easy time of it
wayyyyyyy more talent

I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk.  A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind.  A need to return to genuine practice, right effort.  Need to push on the great doubt.  Need for the spirit.  Hang on to the clear light.
           
Thomas Merton


       
Reply

Anhil8tor Wrote:Could we get G Henderson back for just a couple of games?

Nolan Smith is the new Gerald Henderson.

In the pool I'm running its basically already over.My sister got 37 picks right through the second round and called the upsets of GA Tech, Old Dominion, St. Mary’s, Missouri and Washington along with the second round upset pick of Xavier over Pitt.Its should be obvious to all of you that basketball k-nowledge is genetic.She picked Kansas to win it all but I still think she's got it since only one guy is left who picked a team to win it all thats still alive (WV) but he's 40 points down.

See You In Toledo
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banana
01-25-2020, 01:20 AM
Last Post by Devious
12-23-2019, 06:39 AM
Last Post by ncbiker
07-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post by Anhil8tor
11-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)