Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

BTK killer confesses
#1

Rader pleads guilty to BTK murders

Defendant calmly details string of 10 killings




WICHITA, Kansas (CNN) -- BTK killings suspect Dennis Rader pleaded guilty on Monday to 10 counts of first-degree murder, and matter-of-factly described how he committed the crimes that terrorized the Wichita, Kansas, area for decades.

Rader, 60, entered the plea on what was supposed to be the first day of his jury trial.

After the plea, Sedgwick County District Judge Greg Waller read each charge and asked Rader if he understood them.

At Waller's direction, Rader went down the list of charges, explaining in a calm, dispassionate voice how he carried out each of the killings.

Rader said he broke into the home of Joseph and Julie Otero and tied them up along with two of their children. He said he told them that he was wanted in California and put a pillow under Joseph Otero's head to make him more comfortable.

"I realized that, you know, I was already -- I didn't have a mask on or anything -- they already could I.D. me," Rader said. "I made a decision to go ahead and put 'em down, I guess, or strangle them."

Rader described how he killed each member of the Otero family, but said they did not die right away.

"I had never strangled anyone before, so I really didn't know how much pressure you had to put on a person or how long it would take," he said.

Rader explained how, in most of his cases, he chose and then stalked several people at a time -- referring to them as "projects" or "potential hits."

"If one didn't work out, I just moved to another one," Rader said.

Rader told the court he selected his victims as he played out fantasies. Asked what kinds of fantasies he was having, Rader said, "sexual fantasies."

Rader said he chose Shirley Vian, 26, at random and forced his way into her apartment with a .357 Magnum handgun on March 17, 1977. Her children "got real upset," so Rader had her lock them in a bathroom before covering her head with a bag and strangling her.

Rader told the judge he went through phases, stalking potential victims, then preparing a "hit kit," equipment he used in the killings, as well as "hit clothes" that he wore and later got rid of.

In more than one case, Rader said he took Polaroid photos of his victims. After killing Marine Hedge in April 1985, Rader said, he stripped his victim, tied her up, took her to another location, then took photos depicting "different forms of bondage" before hiding her body in a ditch.

After hearing descriptions of each of the 10 killings, Waller found Rader guilty of all charges. Rader also waived his right to a jury trial on the sentencing.

Under Kansas law, Raider can be sentenced to life in prison for each charge, but could become eligible for parole.

The last BTK killing occurred in 1991 after Kansas stiffened its murder statutes, which means Rader could be sentenced to a minimum 40 years in prison without a chance of parole on that count.

Waller set August 17 as the sentencing date.

Rader, who had been the president of his Lutheran church council, taunted authorities and the media with letters and packages he sent them over several years, some with before-and-after photos of the victims.

"BTK" was the killer's self-named reference to his preference to "bind, torture and kill" his victims in the string of murders from 1974 to 1991.

Christ Lutheran Church pastor Michael Clark said Rader, also a former Boy Scout leader, had been involved in church leadership for 30 years and was elected church council president just before his arrest.

Rader was arrested in what authorities said was a routine traffic stop. He worked for the Wichita suburb of Park City as a compliance supervisor in charge of animal control, nuisances, inoperable vehicles and general code compliance.

Authorities initially linked him to eight deaths, but added two more after this arrest.

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Reply
#2

I've heard some of their stuff, but it's way too 'teenage black girl' oriented for my liking.

[Image: b2k.jpg]
Reply
#3

It'll be better when he dies.

Fuck.
Reply
#4

Gadonkadonk Money Dawg Wrote:It'll be better when he dies.

and the point of a trial is...lol...think he had issues?

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Reply
#5

this queer bate i work with was in his scouts troop 15 years ago.

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours
Reply
#6

REPOST.

Sin,
Reuters, AP, UP, CNN, CNBC, CBS, ABS, NBC, WB, UPN, FOX, Univision, Al Jazeera, Hoy, New York Times, Yahoo, Google, Drudge, MSNBC, AOL, Time, Sway from MTV News, and my coworker Blake.
Reply
#7

Dr. Lecter Wrote:REPOST.

Sin,
Reuters, AP, UP, CNN, CNBC, CBS, ABS, NBC, WB, UPN, FOX, Univision, Al Jazeera, Hoy, New York Times, Yahoo, Google, Drudge, MSNBC, AOL, Time, Sway from MTV News, and my coworker Blake.

by posting that you have given up the right to complain about my posting style.....
Reply
#8

Bill Wrote:by posting that you have given up the right to complain about my posting style.....
Dood. Mich has filters on his work computer. By you cussing, he can no longer access a thread that was about him. That was my complaint. You suck ass like me and teh rest of us. I would never call you out just for bad posting. That would be hippocratical and shit.
Reply
#9

Omarion is hot.
Reply
#10

Dr. Lecter Wrote:Dood. Mich has filters on his work computer. By you cussing, he can no longer access a thread that was about him. That was my complaint. You suck ass like me and teh rest of us. I would never call you out just for bad posting. That would be hippocratical and shit.

I did not know this and will edit my post for mich's sake.

PS you have anger management issues dood.
Reply
#11

Only because I'm the only one around here who knows the truth: The internet is real life.
Reply
#12

I'm eating a chili dog.
Reply
#13

where are the cameras?

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Reply
#14

Vitamin E Wrote:I'm eating a chili dog.

give me 10 min. and I'll be pooping a big mac.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Anhil8tor
04-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Last Post by Fatfuckfrank
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Last Post by ntype
07-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Last Post by SanDog
07-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Doll Killer
Raiden
Last Post by cLaY
06-30-2006, 06:51 AM
Last Post by Doll Killer
06-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Last Post by quint
02-06-2006, 05:25 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)