Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

We will never see VitE in this T-shirt...
#21

WoolyGoat Wrote:I'm just saying that there's no one player, aside from Brady I guess, capable of making the organization crumble. If Moss goes, he goes...they won 3 Super Bowls before him, and they'll do fine after him. It's unquestionable that he makes the team a lot better, but life goes on.

As for the injured list, I couldn't care less what he puts on there. You're naive if you think he's the only one who does it, and kind of a bitch if you're gonna sit here and whine about it. You think the whole world isn't going to know about it if Brady is actually injured?


What happened when Branch left?They couldnt win a superbowl.They need a WR or they can't win so while you're definition of crumble isnt the same as how far the eagles have fallen you can't say that Bradys all they need to win.

Can you point to one team and player thats been listed as questionable for four years straight with out missing a game?4 fucking years.It is done occasionaly by other teams but Belicheck basically spits in the face of the rules and if it makes me a bitch because I like guys who don't think their above the rules than so be it.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#22

BIRD33 Wrote:What happened when Branch left?They couldnt win a superbowl.They need a WR or they can't win so while you're definition of crumble isnt the same as how far the eagles have fallen you can't say that Bradys all they need to win.

Can you point to one team and player thats been listed as questionable for four years straight with out missing a game?4 fucking years.It is done occasionaly by other teams but Belicheck basically spits in the face of the rules and if it makes me a bitch because I like guys who don't think their above the rules than so be it.
They won in 2001 with Troy Brown and David Patten at WR, Antowain Smith at RB, and Jermaine Wiggins ('sup Bill?) at TE. And if the defense didn't shit the bed in the 4th quarter of the AFC title game last year, they'd have had that Super Bowl too.

But I did think you meant crumble, as in fall apart completely. THAT, they won't do.

I get that you hate the guy and see that he's loathesome to a lot of people. I think his 1 day stint as the "h-c of the n-y-j" was pretty shitty. But the injury report? You're really going to get bent out of shape about that?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#23

I think it speaks to the guys character that he'll bend the rules that much for so long without caring.The injury report isnt for other teams its for bettors and betting is what drives the league.You can say he doesnt give a shit about bettors but that ultimatly puts food on his table and if everyone else is following the rules for the most part he should too.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#24

To me, there's a difference between breaking the rules (written or otherwise) and cheating. There's also a difference between skirting rules that don't have much to do with the game itself and things that are much more serious. Should he take the injury report more seriously? I guess so. Does he think he's above the rules? Not necessarily, I just think he doesn't care much for things that don't have to do with football.

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#25

WoolyGoat Wrote:To me, there's a difference between breaking the rules (written or otherwise) and cheating. There's also a difference between skirting rules that don't have much to do with the game itself and things that are much more serious. Should he take the injury report more seriously? I guess so. Does he think he's above the rules? Not necessarily, I just think he doesn't care much for things that don't have to do with football.


Breaking rules is the definition of cheating.

Skirting rules is cheating if everyone else follows the rules to the letter.

I can't fathom after all we've seen this year from Belichek how you don't think he thinks he's above the rules.Thats incredible.

See You In Toledo
Reply
#26

BIRD33 Wrote:Breaking rules is the definition of cheating.

Skirting rules is cheating if everyone else follows the rules to the letter.

I can't fathom after all we've seen this year from Belichek how you don't think he thinks he's above the rules.Thats incredible.
Breaking the rules isn't always cheating. You know the knew uniform rule for mlb managers, called the Francona rule? He always wears a pullover instead of his uniform top, but now they're going to enforce it. If he wears a pullover he's clearly "breaking the rules" but you can't possibly think he's cheating, can you?

The injury list is for bettors, so who cares? I agree that he comes off as thinking he's above the rules, I just don't think he looks at it the same way. There are certain things he just can't be bothered with and I think he just says "fuck it" and deals with the consequences. I don't think he sits there and says "I'm Bill Belichick and I'll do whatever I want" I think it's more like, "this is stupid, if they want to bag me, whatever."

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply
#27

it can't be that hard to adjust the injury list, can it?
Reply
#28

WoolyGoat Wrote:Breaking the rules isn't always cheating. You know the knew uniform rule for mlb managers, called the Francona rule? He always wears a pullover instead of his uniform top, but now they're going to enforce it. If he wears a pullover he's clearly "breaking the rules" but you can't possibly think he's cheating, can you?

The injury list is for bettors, so who cares? I agree that he comes off as thinking he's above the rules, I just don't think he looks at it the same way. There are certain things he just can't be bothered with and I think he just says "fuck it" and deals with the consequences. I don't think he sits there and says "I'm Bill Belichick and I'll do whatever I want" I think it's more like, "this is stupid, if they want to bag me, whatever."


The only difference in these two statements is he didnt mention his name in the second one.Who decides its stupid, Bill Belichek.All I'm saying is whats the point of having an injury list if people will disregard it?

See You In Toledo
Reply
#29

what IS the point of the injury list?

[Image: boston.jpg]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BIRD33
05-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Post by leeman
03-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Last Post by Blondie
01-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Last Post by who
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Last Post by Vitamin E
12-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Last Post by Vitamin E
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Last Post by WoolyGoat
12-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Last Post by leeman
11-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Last Post by Vitamin E
11-14-2008, 01:21 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)