Posts: 3,904
Threads: 213
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation:
0
Here I shall post questions that I wonder about from time to time.
How does anybody feel about "sharing dinners." So, you are out with spouse/a date. She can't decide what she wants (women are very indecisive), so she orders something, and then wants food off your plate. Is that ok? Do you share? Do you give her a bite off your fork or tell her to use her own? Do you say "if you wanted this, you should have ordered it"?
Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Posts: 13,799
Threads: 1,827
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
1
Banana Wrote:Here I shall post questions that I wonder about from time to time.
"if you wanted this, you should have ordered it"?
Jupps....
Why do I keep this cesspool alive?
Posts: 4,938
Threads: 586
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
4
Mrs E is now a Vegiteranium.
Vit E can finally enjoy a meal in peace.
leeman Wrote:I love the meathead...
Posts: 32,452
Threads: 5
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm going to need more evidence that women are very indecisive.
Its fine with me.She can use my fork or whatever.I'm trying to get laid here, son.
Question for you.
I'm going on a trip with a recovering alcoholic so I will be spending many hours in airports and having dinner with him.My usual mo when traveling is to go straight to the bar in airports and have a few.Is this rude?As long as I don't flaunt it or offer him any thats all I can do, right?Or do I have to stop drinking in front of him?
Sin,
Selfish drinker from Philly
See You In Toledo
Posts: 3,904
Threads: 213
Joined: Sep 2008
Reputation:
0
I'm not sure another selfish drinker is the best person to answer this, but I'll give it a shot.
The best comparison I have is when I was pregnant. I couldn't drink, and yeah, that bugged the shit out of me at first, but it wasn't an option. That certainly didn't mean I prevented others (Jimmy) from drinking around me. It didn't bother me after a while - I got used to it.
To sum up, his sobriety is HIS problem, not yours. Carry on as you would otherwise.
Insert clever, witty and amusing signature here.
Posts: 15,386
Threads: 638
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
you can drink, he can decline
not a problem
if he says he is not taking you to see carlton, you might want to reconsider
as for sharing dinner, it is more fun to taste some of everything, tho some peeps are very up-tight about this
it is generally better to ask before you spear something off another's plate
I realise that I have a past to break with--an accumulation of inertia, wrong, foolishness, rot, junk. A great need of clarification, of mindfulness, or rather, of no mind. A need to return to genuine practice, right effort. Need to push on the great doubt. Need for the spirit. Hang on to the clear light.
Thomas Merton
Posts: 15,144
Threads: 914
Joined: Jun 2005
Reputation:
0
My wife drives me crazy when it comes to ordering food. If we are with a large group of people going out to eat, she will have to know what everyone at the table is getting before she can decide. Its like reading something on a menu is not the same as hearing someone say what they are getting.
As far as sharing what I get, I don't have a problem with that.
Posts: 28,652
Threads: 4,420
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
I like sharing food... if hers is better.... we'll switch.