Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: barry, hockey, boston

  1. #21
    Grumpy Old Man Mentally Unstable who's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    God's Waiting Room
    Posts
    3,262
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    did someone say canucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    I've already said that who is my fave motivational poster
    Try not to irritate Bird he is Vagina Sensitive

  2. #22
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Feel that Hockey championship series excitement!Seriously is there double or triple the interest in the NBA finals over the Stanley cup finals?
    See You In Toledo

  3. #23
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    depends on who you ask or where you are

  4. #24
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Anyone.America.
    See You In Toledo

  5. #25
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    well that's just wrong. i suggest you restate.



    and I'm sure you're not going by what ESPN says. obviously they're pumping up the NBA finals because of their own interests.

  6. #26
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    what i mean is, "dat's ig'nant, yo"

  7. #27
    Grumpy Old Man Mentally Unstable who's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    God's Waiting Room
    Posts
    3,262
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    i'm ready for some football
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    I've already said that who is my fave motivational poster
    Try not to irritate Bird he is Vagina Sensitive

  8. #28
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Quote Originally Posted by WoolyGoat View Post
    well that's just wrong. i suggest you restate.



    and I'm sure you're not going by what ESPN says. obviously they're pumping up the NBA finals because of their own interests.
    You are either delusional or hockey is so near and dear to you that you can't bring yourself to be honest about it.Outside canada and boston nobody cared about the finals.There was almost zero national discussion about it and it has nothing to do with ESPN.Hockeys on the Versus network for a reason.
    See You In Toledo

  9. #29
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    so your point is that only people who like hockey are interested in hockey?


    hard hitting analysis right there.

  10. #30
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Quote Originally Posted by WoolyGoat View Post
    so your point is that only people who like hockey are interested in hockey?


    hard hitting analysis right there.
    My point is that there is only a small % of people who care about hockey but you knew that already.Its a niche sport that can't compare to the excitement the NBA finals with the Lebron hysteria created but you knew that as well.You're sticking up for your sport despite knowing you're grasping at straws.Its touching really.

    But wait this summer for "The decision 2" where Evgeni Nabokov has the whole world on the edge of their seat on where he will take his talents to.Columbus?Tampa Bay?Who knows where this roller coaster will stop but the all of the sports world will be at rapt attention!
    See You In Toledo

  11. #31
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    the product on the ice is a million times more exciting than what's on the court. fact.

  12. #32
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Yea thats why they tried to make the puck glow.Because its so exciting I mean.Special effects are totally needed when the product is great.

    Alley oop > guy throws stick out and deflects puck

    You and my brother in law are in the tank for hockey.He tried to tell me hockey was in a better place than basketball last summer.A lot of it is just people getting older and not identifying with young black guys over white guys.Too urban for you.Hockey fans are the republican party of sports.All white.Thats just a coincidence though.Nothing to do with the product at hand.
    See You In Toledo

  13. #33
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    yeah because the glowing puck thing from 15 years ago is totally relevant. way to stay current.

    I'm not trying to say that the NHL is financially superior to the NBA, because it's obviously not. but you're wrong that it's a niche sport. maybe if there were some more brothers playing you'd show some interest?


    and a guy deflecting a puck > timeouts and commercials every 10 seconds and a final 2 minutes that's takes a half hour to play.

  14. #34
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Quote Originally Posted by WoolyGoat View Post
    yeah because the glowing puck thing from 15 years ago is totally relevant. way to stay current.

    I'm not trying to say that the NHL is financially superior to the NBA, because it's obviously not. but you're wrong that it's a niche sport. maybe if there were some more brothers playing you'd show some interest?


    and a guy deflecting a puck > timeouts and commercials every 10 seconds and a final 2 minutes that's takes a half hour to play.
    Lets let the captains pick the all star teams!Or lets play the world vs the north america!Or lets play games in baseball stadiums!Yea no gimmicks in Hockey.

    niche

    pertaining to or intended for a market niche; having specific appeal:


    Market:99.9% white people

    Appeal:99.9% white people on skates
    See You In Toledo

  15. #35
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Bruins game 6 against Vancouver pulled a higher TV share in Boston than Celtics/Lakers game 7 last year.

  16. #36
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    The rating was boosted by heavy interest in Boston's large market, which posted a 25.5/39, topping the 19.1/34 for Game 1 of the 2010 NBA Finals between the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers.[11]

    In Boston it drew that.Wow.The team that was playing in the final had a lot of eyeballs on it.Holy shit.Hockey is god.

    The rest of the country it pulled a pathetic 3.2 rating.Below is a list of shows just the week of May 30th that destroyed the stanley cup nationally.

    1 NBA FINALS ON ABC-GM 2(S) ABC 9.3
    2 NBA FINALS ON ABC-GM 3(S) ABC 9.1
    3 NBA FINALS ON ABC-GM 1(S) ABC 9.0
    4 AMERICA'S GOT TALENT-TUE NBC 8.9
    5 VOICE NBC 8.4
    6 NCIS CBS 7.3
    7 NCIS: LOS ANGELES CBS 6.5
    8 60 MINUTES CBS 6.1
    9 MENTALIST, THE CBS 5.8
    10 CSI CBS 5.2

    Imagine playing a whole season thinking you're a real professional athlete and the finals you've worked your whole life to get to is outdrawn by something called "The Mentalist".Below is the level hockey is at for realz.

    1 PAWN STARS HIST 3.1
    1 PAWN STARS HIST 3.1
    3 SPONGEBOB NICK 3.0
    4 WWE ENTERTAINMENT (WWE RAW) USA 2.7
    4 SPONGEBOB NICK 2.7
    4 AMERICAN PICKERS HIST 2.7
    7 2011 MTV MOVIE AWARDS MTV 2.6
    7 SPONGEBOB NICK 2.6
    7 WWE ENTERTAINMENT (WWE RAW) USA 2.6
    7 LAW & ORDER: CI (ORIG) USA 2.6
    7 PAWN STARS HIST 2.6

    You'll notice another niche "sport" on there with wrestling.If you are competing with sponge bob in tv ratings shouldn't you just call the whole thing off?
    See You In Toledo

  17. #37
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Can we get a +2 button for posts like the above?
    See You In Toledo

  18. #38
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    I was comparing Boston to Boston, you idiot.

  19. #39
    Insane padder Really needs a life BIRD33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    32,349
    vCash
    224
    Rep Power
    3463

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    Quote Originally Posted by WoolyGoat View Post
    I was comparing Boston to Boston, you idiot.

    Because its all you could do.The ratings are pathetic nationally which is what this conversation(national interest in hockey compared the NBA) was about.A fucking 3 rating?Fucking joke.


    Quote Originally Posted by BIRD33 View Post
    Feel that Hockey championship series excitement!Seriously is there double or triple the interest in the NBA finals over the Stanley cup finals?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoolyGoat View Post
    depends on who you ask or where you are
    Quote Originally Posted by BIRD33 View Post
    Anyone.America.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoolyGoat View Post
    well that's just wrong. i suggest you restate.



    and I'm sure you're not going by what ESPN says. obviously they're pumping up the NBA finals because of their own interests.
    It's all ESPN's fault!Waaaaah!
    See You In Toledo

  20. #40
    Frosty locks What the fuck !!! WoolyGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,610
    vCash
    412
    Rep Power
    1561

    Re: barry, hockey, boston



    never blamed ESPN.


    like it or not, Boston is a pretty major media market. both if its winter sports teams were in the finals in the last year, and the NHL had better ratings.

    so when you say "anyone anywhere" you're wrong. completely totally 100% wrong.


    sure the NBA is more popular on the whole, but not to the retarded degree you're playing it up to be. which isn't surprising because you're a fucking idiot.


    I'd be willing to bet (my entire life savings, whoooa!) that the blackhawks last year outdrew the bulls this year in Chicago.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Truth About Barry Bonds and Steroids - SI.com
    By Sassy in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 06:51 PM
  2. Barry Bonds Home Run Tracker - nbc11.com
    By Sassy in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 06:50 PM
  3. Barry Sanders Appreciation theard
    By Tribal Dragon in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 02:00 AM
  4. Will Barry Bonds Catch Hank Aaron?
    By Anhil8tor in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 03:05 PM
  5. Barry Bonds Update
    By Michman in forum General Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 05:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •